New shottie under 4k

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think I’ve been stood behind you at the deli counter in my local Tesco , rolling my eyes as you try every bit of cheddar before you decided that you would have to go away and think about it . ?

Obviously if it’s o/u it’s gay, because it’s got its barrels on the wrong way round ?

I went to a simulated day with a mate who hadn’t done much shooting . First drive he burnt is finger on the barrels and got a big blister . The second drive was in the grouse butts and the clays were

On 07/09/2020 at 04:52, Alsone said:

I said I was out but a quick return.

This exactly. ? You're right, you're not going to be able to try a new gun although I have heard of the odd shop with a clay shoot out the back and trial guns. However, just going to a regular clay shoot and chatting to someone about balance and differences between the brands, as you shoot a round will often get them to offer you to try out their gun on that stand. It's a great way to get to try different guns for free. You can also always be cheaky and ask if subtlty doesn't work.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. Learning to wear an uncomfortable shoe because it looks nice, doesn't make it wear better.

There are more important aspects than aesthetics. Aesthetics don't make you shoot better. A better balance will improve your scores. Personally, I say find what suits brand wise then look for the grade of gun that impresses. It's not that hard to find what you like aesthetically with that money because each manufacturer ie Beretta or Browning, is part of a group of brands as you no doubt know, so there are several brands made by each of the respective sides that balance alike. eg Browning and Miroku are very very similar in balance, yet with Miroku being a bit cheaper, you might get another decoration grade higher for the same cash if you go Miroku. I'd say find the balance, then find the gun that impresses. Just my 2 cents.

I’ve got to say I find your advice about going around clay grounds, trying different guns a bit odd . Especially now with COVID. 
          I don’t know what kind of clay shoots you and everybody you know who buys guns attends . For one , going up to a complete stranger and saying “ hey , can i have a go with your gun “ ?  That doesn’t really happen , going around the clay grounds  I go to , most guns are slipped until the owner takes the stand . Shooters tend to go around with a friend or group of friends and may not take kindly to having their round  interrupted . Most of the time there  is a wait to get on the stand and people don’t want to be bothered. Also Rabid may not be the kind of person to go asking unknown gun owners to handle their guns , I know I’m not . Who on this thread has gone around a clay ground and approached shooters and asked to try their guns ( apart from Alsone) ? I’m afraid that sometimes you have to go with your gut and take the plunge . You will probably not get the chance to shoot a gun before you buy it . What do you think happens when you go to the perazzi factory and have a stock made for you ? You put your faith in the gunmaker to make you a gun that fits you and then you take it away and get used to it . You will not have had the chance to extensively road test it . 

On 03/09/2020 at 21:36, Sausagedog said:

I'm with you buddy. There is no way I could spend that amount without trying at least an example but more than that...why spend so much on a gun with the barrels fitted so incorrectly in the first place! If we were meant to shoot superimposed guns our eyes would be thus also!

Nonsense.....

Obviously personal preference SD, I haven’t had an o/u for years, and I can’t see me having one either. I much prefer sxs, but I’m no clay shooter and I see o/u as clay guns? That’s just my opinion though of course.?

1 hour ago, Dervburner said:

Obviously personal preference SD, I haven’t had an o/u for years, and I can’t see me having one either. I much prefer sxs, but I’m no clay shooter and I see o/u as clay guns? That’s just my opinion though of course.?

I said it tongue in cheek. I don't mind either way really but I've lost count on how many sxs I've had but I've only ever owned three superimposed.

I knew a bloke that shot DTL with a Webley ejector. Didn't miss much. Sorry, skeet to.

Edited by Sausagedog
  • Like 2
43 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

I said it tongue in cheek. I don't mind either way really but I've lost count on how many sxs I've had but I've only ever owned three superimposed.

I knew a bloke that shot DTL with a Webley ejector. Didn't miss much. Sorry, skeet to.

I know it’s tongue in cheek SD, each to their own, everybody’s different , I just prefer sxs, many hate them I know ??

• Like 2
11 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

I’ve got to say I find your advice about going around clay grounds, trying different guns a bit odd . Especially now with COVID. 
          I don’t know what kind of clay shoots you and everybody you know who buys guns attends . For one , going up to a complete stranger and saying “ hey , can i have a go with your gun “ ?  That doesn’t really happen , going around the clay grounds  I go to , most guns are slipped until the owner takes the stand . Shooters tend to go around with a friend or group of friends and may not take kindly to having their round  interrupted . Most of the time there  is a wait to get on the stand and people don’t want to be bothered. Also Rabid may not be the kind of person to go asking unknown gun owners to handle their guns , I know I’m not . Who on this thread has gone around a clay ground and approached shooters and asked to try their guns ( apart from Alsone) ? I’m afraid that sometimes you have to go with your gut and take the plunge . You will probably not get the chance to shoot a gun before you buy it . What do you think happens when you go to the perazzi factory and have a stock made for you ? You put your faith in the gunmaker to make you a gun that fits you and then you take it away and get used to it . You will not have had the chance to extensively road test it . 

Maybe people are just friendlier up North. Where I used to go, you chatted and joked with anyone and everyone even if not in your group. Often had conversations about people's guns and often they would offer to let you shoot a stand to try it. Guess it just shows how different grounds differ.

I guess as well Covid does change things atm.

Edited by Alsone
39 minutes ago, Alsone said:

Maybe people are just friendlier up North. 

It's a proven fact that Northerners are more friendly than Southerners hence most companies situated their call centres up North.I had a mate who moved up here from Essex and he couldnt believe that complete strangers would talk to him , he said that never happened down South ....

• Like 4
16 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

It's a proven fact that Northerners are more friendly than Southerners hence most companies situated their call centres up North.I had a mate who moved up here from Essex and he couldnt believe that complete strangers would talk to him , he said that never happened down South ....

Not sure about that mate. Down here most people share wives in the villages?

How are you mate any news on job front?