Single Men - You'll Be Amazed At This Simple Life Hack!

5 hours ago, Meece said:

Why is that then. ?    They are brilliant.   Ah don't tell  me, ...... you prefer the stewpot hung from a tripod  over a campfire in the middle of the living room and the Chuck random stuff in daily and row the contents round with an old branch.

sorry fella but i aint from norfolk

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not owned a microwave for years... Mind we just bought a brand new cooker...company that delivers it took the old one away...for free but I had to take it out and put it at the end of the drive f

Keith Floyd bought a country pub / restaurant call the Maltsters Inn he changed the name to Floyds, this was in a village about three miles from me. Well on a stag night pub crawl of a mate mine someb

Keith floyd is one of my favourite chefs... a good slug for the dish and a bottle for me.... cannot fault that type of cooking ?

11 hours ago, Meece said:

Why is that then. ?    They are brilliant.   Ah don't tell  me, ...... you prefer the stewpot hung from a tripod  over a campfire in the middle of the living room and the Chuck random stuff in daily and row the contents round with an old branch.

6 hours ago, Ted Newgent said:

sorry fella but i aint from norfolk

I tend to think that the use of an old dung fork is  more popular there.  They think that it adds something to the flavour. 

Seriously, I used to work with a bloke who said that when he was growing up about 1940s that his grain lived with the stewpot over a fire in the central room. The smoke drifted up and out a hole in the roof.  The who,e place was smoke black !!! The fire burnt all the time and they just chucked in whatever came along and the mid was rowed round with a chunk of wood like a paddle. Occasionally they would get the rots where they had something that had been lingering in the pot for sometime and had gone off.  Last year the Mrs and I visited an old National Trust house which had the central  fire / stewpot idea and there was a fire base in the floor of roof tiles set upright.  I bet their imune system was high through eating stuff like that and the non level of hygiene.

Edited by Meece
9 hours ago, FLATTOP said:

@WILF I believe you might have been a Grays man at some point good scrap yard there lol ?

Im pals with the men that own that iron yard, decent lads mate.......that’s if you are talking about the little one down by the school.

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, WILF said:

Im pals with the men that own that iron yard, decent lads mate.......that’s if you are talking about the little one down by the school.

That’s the one mate they are decent lads.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, FLATTOP said:

@WILF@gnasher16 Tots used to be in Lucy Road back of the seafront ( Talk of the Town ) and the Cockle sheds mainly the Osbourne Bros down at old Leigh still going strong, the arches down the seafront houses all the restaurants Westcliff-on-Sea area, and as for Shoeburyness I moved from there about five year ago I spent 24 years in the same house I liked it a lot nice beach up that way East beach and yes they still launch jet skis kite surfing at the shore house pub on the seafront. 

@WILF I believe you might have been a Grays man at some point good scrap yard there lol ?

East Beech thats it used to be a good little atmosphere there of a wknd i remember the mid 80,s when stand up jet skis were all the rage we used to launch from there and head for Allhallows beech over the other side in Kent right across the shipping lane,f****n idiots ?....i used to wear about 3 wetsuits and a life jacket as i could barely swim,then we worked out it was only half as far launching from Canvey but still further than it looks....funny days.

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

East Beech thats it used to be a good little atmosphere there of a wknd i remember the mid 80,s when stand up jet skis were all the rage we used to launch from there and head for Allhallows beech over the other side in Kent right across the shipping lane,f****n idiots ?....i used to wear about 3 wetsuits and a life jacket as i could barely swim,then we worked out it was only half as far launching from Canvey but still further than it looks....funny days.

I used to Kite Buggy out there in the mud the speed I used to get was mad but when I used to return to the beach I didn’t look human just a mud ball lol, it’s changed a lot down there every one has cottoned on so it doesn’t feel as exclusive any more, as soon as the suns out it’s rammed but still one of the better beaches in Southend.

2 hours ago, FLATTOP said:

I used to Kite Buggy out there in the mud the speed I used to get was mad but when I used to return to the beach I didn’t look human just a mud ball lol, it’s changed a lot down there every one has cottoned on so it doesn’t feel as exclusive any more, as soon as the suns out it’s rammed but still one of the better beaches in Southend.

Just keep your mouth shut in the river in case you wind up with a gob full of used Johnnys and dirty syringes ! Lol ? 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, WILF said:

Just keep your mouth shut in the river in case you wind up with a gob full of used Johnnys and dirty syringes ! Lol ? 

I used to wear an helmet Goggles and earplugs a week later I was still digging mud out of me ears lol, I remember once I stuck the wrong size kite up and got dragged everywhere my mouth was like dredger the crap I must have swallowed doesn’t bear thinking about good old days lol...

• Haha 1