Up at t farm

1 hour ago, FOXHUNTER said:

You shoot deer 1/2 a mile away ????????

Slight exageration maybe although I have seen it done on videos from the US but then again they take some extreme shots by the standards over here - how about elk at 3/4 mile!:

Apart from questions of the humaneness due to the risk of wounding through bullet travel time, that hike looks far too much like hard work for me.

Edited by Alsone

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sometimes it’s just nice to get out and watch the world go by, I’m just sat on the bails now watching the sun set, I’ll give it another half hour, if I see a fox I’ll have a go but it’s just nice to b

I decided while the weather was good I’d have a walk around the sheep farm, when I got here the farmer was separating the lambs from the ewes in one field so I thought I’d give him a hand, these are t

I could of taken a neck shot the other night, but for the few deer I shoot it just didn’t seem the right shot for me, like you say I can wait for another opportunity when the shot is one I’m comfortab

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, Alsone said:

Slight exageration maybe although I have seen it done on videos from the US but then again they take some extreme shots by the standards over here - how about elk at 3/4 mile!:

Apart from questions of the humaneness due to the risk of wounding through bullet travel time, that hike looks far too much like hard work for me.

I am well aware of long range shooting as my mate used to be in to it in a big way.....it is the norm in the USA but frowned upon in the UK. I don't have a problem with it if the rifleman has all the gear and has practised to a proficient degree. It's just you said you shoot deer 1/2 a mile away , just wondered if this was true .

16 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

I am well aware of long range shooting as my mate used to be in to it in a big way.....it is the norm in the USA but frowned upon in the UK. I don't have a problem with it if the rifleman has all the gear and has practised to a proficient degree. It's just you said you shoot deer 1/2 a mile away , just wondered if this was true .

Nah I was just giving an example. I've never shot deer and have no intention of doing so. Too much walking for me. I'm a lazy kind of shooter. When there's a drone that goes and guts it, picks it up and brings it back, I might give it a go.

• Haha 1
On 22/07/2020 at 11:18, Alsone said:

That is awesome, the only problem is you have a long way to carry it back. 

10 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

Meanwhile back up at the farm....

15955019255876128168148062206940.jpg.345a6d4b6c81147742e60eef8d0ace44.jpg

I took Fairweather and a camera seeing as I got laid off work yesterday!

Bad news , I know how you feel as I am redundant too. Paid til September then join the dole queue ?

• Sad 4

We're still working like loons on 2 shifts as the night shift looks dead in the water .

But minimum staff down to about 20 a shift from 26 so 38 people out so far .

Good luck with the job search its not looking good at the minute. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
8 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Sad times Bernard, I hope it works out for you, this chinky virus has messed up a lot of lives ☹️

Too right and the repercussions and fallout hasn't even started yet. God help us going forward ......

• Like 1