few divs of hunting life's catch up post

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had some financially good news today the African boy I've been sponsoring has been eaten by a lion!!!

These are my greatgrandparents mule traces for working a plow. hand made.My grandfather used them as a young man.One of my prize possessions hanging in my barn. Sorry for bad pic.Only one I had.

I can  remember seeing you get there.........  

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, jetro said:

Screenshot_20200619-202849_Chrome.jpg.293e693511bdbef16261fcca421851f9.jpgScreenshot_20200619-202737_Chrome.jpg.2a02e5d7740380b261b43b1e6981f394.jpg

Screenshot_20200619-202817_Chrome.jpgthe good old day when there was work for the donkey, they were highly valued back then

Atb j 

To be fair top one looks quite happy ! Not a full smile ,but not scowling! Probably Friday afternoon, knocking off soon and looking forward to weekend! 

• Haha 3
1 minute ago, waltjnr said:

To be fair top one looks quite happy ! Not a full smile ,but not scowling! Probably Friday afternoon, knocking off soon and looking forward to weekend! 

Not much weight in that turf, it looks terrible lol

Atb j 

30 minutes ago, Rickshaw swami said:

Here in Dixie donkeys are kept in fields with goats or sheep.They will instinctively rundown and kill coyotes.Thinking back that's the only time they seemed happy?

There's pics of a mule killing a mountain lion some where out there in the on line world and your story has me wonder if the chicken farm up the road from me has never had a fox attack due to the fact there's 3 donkey's roaming about down there.

• Like 2
51 minutes ago, jetro said:

Screenshot_20200619-202849_Chrome.jpg.293e693511bdbef16261fcca421851f9.jpgScreenshot_20200619-202737_Chrome.jpg.2a02e5d7740380b261b43b1e6981f394.jpg

Screenshot_20200619-202817_Chrome.jpgthe good old day when there was work for the donkey, they were highly valued back then

Atb j 

I bet they were cheap on the diesel mate ! Lol 

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, fireman said:

There's pics of a mule killing a mountain lion some where out there in the on line world and your story has me wonder if the chicken farm up the road from me has never had a fox attack due to the fact there's 3 donkey's roaming about down there.

Aren't llamas used for the same purpose in some countries, security for farm animals?

Mules can be nasty beggers, bite you on a heartbeat 

Atb j 

Atb j 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, jetro said:

The old Jerusalem jeep LOL 

Atb j 

I’m fetching my turf home in the morning, biggest chore of the year but when’s it done it done.

Just now, fireman said:

I'd say your right. There was a large donkey next door to me as a kid he ran down and killed 2 of my jack Russell's.I came home one day and he was tossing a full grown potbellied pig in the air and catch it.After the old donkey died a fox moved in.Could be coincidence but doubt it.Donkeys actually seem to enjoy a good scrap.

• Like 2
Just now, WILF said:

I’m fetching my turf home in the morning, biggest chore of the year but when’s it done it done.

Did the in-laws and sisters in laws last Friday. That's me done for the year. Two 8 wheeler loads.

Tomorrow isn't promised to good, rain, with Gale coming in from the west. Sure it will keep the turf dust down, and the midgets away for you.

Enjoy lol

Atb j 

Screenshot_20200619-154120.png.620257874d7130991cfe248e10072d31.png

These are my greatgrandparents mule traces for working a plow. hand made.My grandfather used them as a young man.One of my prize possessions hanging in my barn.

Sorry for bad pic.Only one I had.

If it wasn't for mules who could plow all day and live on briars The south would have starved to death.

Cheers to the donkey for producing what we needed

• Like 10
9 minutes ago, Rickshaw swami said:

Screenshot_20200619-154120.png.620257874d7130991cfe248e10072d31.png

These are my greatgrandparents mule traces for working a plow. hand made.My grandfather used them as a young man.One of my prize possessions hanging in my barn.

Sorry for bad pic.Only one I had.

If it wasn't for mules who could plow all day and live on briars The south would have starved to death.

Cheers to the donkey for producing what we needed

We still have the carts used by the horses and donkeys, by my grandparents.  With the wooden wheels, with the steel band. What saved them this long was their were painted with lead paint. 

Atb j 

• Like 3

I had a donkey, friendly little Jack.When he matured he was a cnt,it killed my staffy and a neighbour's bull terrier and then one night killed about twelve of my sheep.I was just in time to witness it kill the last one with one well placed kick,smashing it's skull.A guy bought him,castrated him and he ended up at carnivals giving kids rides with never a problem.

• Like 2