• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Say no more

Ali after beating sonny liston at 22 yrs old in 1964 (56 years ago)    If people are still talking about him as the greatest nearly 6 decades later, I think it’s fair to say it’s b

You see Greb ,it is possible to make a nonsensical , unbelievably daft post ,about a subject you have no personal experience of without insulting people look an learn ,be nice.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Greb147 said:

He would hammer him, now that is beyond comical IMO. Ali took the best shots off some of the biggest punchers of all time, Shavers and Foreman are always in the discussion when talking of the biggest puncher ever.

The fighters that gave Ali the most trouble were the quicker and smaller fighters, Ali would make Fury look silly. 

It's funny how every single sport on planet earth that I'm aware of were you can accurately measure and compare modern against old the modern athletes are better, yet every sport were you can't measure, football boxing etc the rose tinted specs come out. The gulf between Tyson Fury Klitschko Lewis etc and Ali will be similar to the gulf between Jesse Owens and Usain bolt. Tyson Fury's opponents are better than Ali,s that's why its difficult to not see Ali as better it's harder to look good against better opposition imo. F1 cars in the 80,s sounded and looked faster than today the stopwatch tells a completely different tale though.

5 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Jd are you on the wind up if not tell max to pull out who has fury fought in the same league as some of Ali's opponents 

Same league as in current standing or same league as in if they fought? I reckon Derek chisora would make short work of Henry Cooper and klitchko with probably the odd KO loss would beat everyone on Ali's record. I used to think the same as being said in here tbh then I put my rational head on and looked at the reality, which is athletes are better now than 50 years ago even if I don't want them to be. 

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, JDHUNTING said:

It's funny how every single sport on planet earth that I'm aware of were you can accurately measure and compare modern against old the modern athletes are better, yet every sport were you can't measure, football boxing etc the rose tinted specs come out. The gulf between Tyson Fury Klitschko Lewis etc and Ali will be similar to the gulf between Jesse Owens and Usain bolt. Tyson Fury's opponents are better than Ali,s that's why its difficult to not see Ali as better it's harder to look good against better opposition imo. F1 cars in the 80,s sounded and looked faster than today the stopwatch tells a completely different tale though.

Are you having me on here, the 70's is labelled as the best era ever in HW boxing followed by the 90's by most boxing fans and writers. 

It doesn't always work like that, in fact you can't even compare Owens with Bolt as well because they ran on completely different tracks and used different shoes, timing clocks etc. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, JDHUNTING said:

Same league as in current standing or same league as in if they fought? I reckon Derek chisora would make short work of Henry Cooper and klitchko with probably the odd KO loss would beat everyone on Ali's record. I used to think the same as being said in here tbh then I put my rational head on and looked at the reality, which is athletes are better now than 50 years ago even if I don't want them to be. 

But then you have George Foreman come back in the 90's and win a world title aged over 40 years old. And to top it off he did all that after being out of the sport for over a decade! 

19 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

But then you have George Foreman come back in the 90's and win a world title aged over 40 years old. And to top it off he did all that after being out of the sport for over a decade! 

And when he came back he was a modern athlete with modern training and a wealth of experience. Who looked better, 28 year old George or 40 year old? Which version would beat the other?

1 minute ago, JDHUNTING said:

And when he came back he was a modern athlete with modern training and a wealth of experience. Who looked better, 28 year old George or 40 year old? Which version would beat the other?

Hahahaha, he'd spent a decade preaching and eating hamburgers. Hardly an advocate for modern training and nutrition. 

The 28 year old fighter was vastly superior, the older fighter was more patient and chose his spots better but that was out of necessity not through choice. 

39 minutes ago, JDHUNTING said:

God bless you fury record doesn't compare with aj fighting top level fighters  but I think Lewis never mind ali foreman Tyson ect  would beat fury chisora aj ect all day long 

5 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

God bless you fury record doesn't compare with aj fighting top level fighters  but I think Lewis never mind ali foreman Tyson ect  would beat fury chisora aj ect all day long 

"God bless you" shut up you muppet. Ok a modern world champion who would outweigh his opponent by 40lbs and 6 inches in height wouldnt stand a chance ? McLaren are struggling they should use their 1983 car it was miles better won a ton of races.

• Haha 2
8 hours ago, JDHUNTING said:

"God bless you" shut up you muppet. Ok a modern world champion who would outweigh his opponent by 40lbs and 6 inches in height wouldnt stand a chance ? McLaren are struggling they should use their 1983 car it was miles better won a ton of races..

Edited by Blackmag
4 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Go to bed you clown ? at you related to max 

Id sooner go to bed than argue with a brain-dead gimp as yourself. We was chatting boxing till you waded in like your opinions are FACTS and then started throwing insults round when someone don't agree. Sound like someone? Then comes the "god bless you" which sounds uncannily like something you've knocked off someone who does happen to know their boxing?? get your own personality sadsack your a bit old be copying people.

Edited by JDHUNTING
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
6 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Fury last night saying his so called Feather Dusters have done for Wilder and AJ's next .

Hes become a Great Role model for folk the way he's came back from the brink .

Youd think Folk in GB would get right behind him on every level ?

Who's not getting behind him? 

He's most likely the best HW in the division but he hasn't even proven that as of yet.