Virus Going backwards in time

Mostly I'm pretty busy with doing stuff but tonight the Mrs,  myself and the dog are just here. The dog is snoring on it's bed, the  Mrs is on her pad as am I.   Earlier I went out with the dog and it was absolutely silent as it has been for some time of an evening.  No planes in the sky,  no traffic on the road,  no people out at all.  It's weird.  As we sit here there is nothing on the box worth watching so we Just sit.  I can imagine it being similar back in the past.  If it wasn't for electricity and us using out electric goods we would be sat here with me reading a newspaper and her doing some sort of knitting just like back in my fathers day.  Getting up at dawn and going to bed at dark.  I can't bring  myself to playing cards or board games. Still I  can get the guns out and give them a good cleaning another evening.  How is it affecting your lifestyle? 

Edited by Meece
  • Like 1

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been a real eye opener for me, was used to being up at 6 am, on the road into the city by 7.30.....not home for another 12 hours....now.....my working landscape has changed, working from home, chilled

Theres been good and bad points for me probably the best thing to come out of all this is ive realised i like spending time with my wife shes actually an alright sort of bird ?.....normally in day to

That’s the spirit mate, it’s easy to forget to stop and smell the roses so to speak....we all do it. Great stuff mate 

Just now, Meece said:

Mostly I'm pretty busy with doing stuff but tonight the Mrs,  myself and the dog are just here. The dog is snoring on it's bed, the  Mrs is on her pad as am I.   Earlier I went out with the dog and it was absolutely silent as it has been for some time of an evening.  No planes in the sky,  no traffic on the road,  no people out at all.  It's weird.  As we sit here there is nothing on the box worth watching so we Just sit.  I can imagine it being similar back in the past.  If it wasn't for electricity and us using out electric goods we would be sat here with me reading a newspaper and her doing some sort of knitting just like back in my fathers day.  Getting up at dawn and going to bed at dark.  I can't bring  myself to playing cards or board games. Still I  can get the guns out and give them a good cleaning another evening. 

I tell you what though we would feel better for it. I bet the average persons sleep is a good few hours a night less than it was back in the day. 

8 minutes ago, Meece said:

Mostly I'm pretty busy with doing stuff but tonight the Mrs,  myself and the dog are just here. The dog is snoring on it's bed, the  Mrs is on her pad as am I.   Earlier I went out with the dog and it was absolutely silent as it has been for some time of an evening.  No planes in the sky,  no traffic on the road,  no people out at all.  It's weird.  As we sit here there is nothing on the box worth watching so we Just sit.  I can imagine it being similar back in the past.  If it wasn't for electricity and us using out electric goods we would be sat here with me reading a newspaper and her doing some sort of knitting just like back in my fathers day.  Getting up at dawn and going to bed at dark.  I can't bring  myself to playing cards or board games. Still I  can get the guns out and give them a good cleaning another evening.  How is it affecting your lifestyle? 

Got to be honest, this last few weeks especially, has given me plenty to reflect upon. Not really a board game person, or card player either, so just enjoying the quiet, as you've said. Very refreshing ?

My sleep pattern has been buckled by being out night shooting. Staying out until 1..2 AM then up at 7 to go to work.  It's something that I'm used to.  It's this weird situation of everything shutting down about 7 pm and the silence of nothingness. That I feel strange with. I used to like it when it was rough weather because it kept all the idiots inside by the box. And now I  feel like one stuck inside. This is only a temporary situation because I have loads to do and get on with but it is a bit odd.

Edited by Meece

Been a real eye opener for me, was used to being up at 6 am, on the road into the city by 7.30.....not home for another 12 hours....now.....my working landscape has changed, working from home, chilled out, saving a fortune...garden and house looking mint.....long may it continue !

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

I lucky if I get same, it does me but fcuks some days I feel it if I honest ?

I know the feeling. 

Some days just can't seem to switch the mind off. 

It can and does wear me out at times.

Atb j 

3 minutes ago, jetro said:

Whats the average nights sleep for a person.

Usually 4 to 5 hours does me.

Atb j 

That's about me on average but I have had bouts of insomnia, 4 to 5 hours is not good though IMO. 

Put me on nights and I'm in deep trouble. ?

1 minute ago, Greb147 said:

That's about me on average but I have had bouts of insomnia, 4 to 5 hours is not good though IMO. 

Put me on nights and I'm in deep trouble. ?

It could be after 2 in the morning before I nod off, and wide awake again after 6, 6.30.

It's not to bad this time of year 

Atb j 

9 minutes ago, jetro said:

It could be after 2 in the morning before I nod off, and wide awake again after 6, 6.30.

It's not to bad this time of year 

Atb j 

It takes it's toll though mate and the more I think about needing sleep the more I struggle to nod off. 

I ended up on that Zopiclone at one point after the wank doctor refused to give me Diazepam, tasted like I'd been licking the Tin Man's arsehole all night. ?

• Haha 1

The human being is supposed to have eight hours constant sleep.!  If the body doesn't get this amount it can affect your brain ect ect.  Can cause strokes and early dementia ect ect.  Lots don't get or Need that amount. Everyone is different.  Sometimes I  feel that I  don't nèed sleep at all and could do nearly a 24 hour .  But I don't do it. Sometimes I'll run on half hour naps.  What damage it is doing long term is a guess. Now what was I going to do?? Seriously  this lockdown is odd with the fact of nothing happening.   I think that overall it is great and I believe that a lot of lives are going to stay changed in the way we work from home and travel in different ways. Shop in different ways . We used to shop weekly but now fortnightly. All change.

Edited by Meece