Fighting dogs of great Britain an ireland

On 10/07/2020 at 10:46, Greb147 said:

Are you bind or do you selective read on purpose? 

I stated that I don't know about the authenticity of those records, I guess that makes the two of us then. 

And yes I'll take them at face value, unless you know the fellas you don't have a scooby doo either. 

ok

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Greg ,a boring old man story to illustrate my point .....many years ago I was having a natter with an old boy in the pub ,Henry Cooper s name came up ,and the fella mentioned he had sparred with him ,

Gotta laugh at people arguing about stuff because of what they've read somewhere when chances are theyve probably never even laod hands on a proper bulldog.

I was never really a fan of Staffords but they was a lovely little dog to shape up compared to bulldogs.....they always had that scatty over enthusiastic way about them whereas the bulldogs could be s

Posted Images

On 10/07/2020 at 03:53, Rickshaw swami said:

You ain't a real dogman in this race until you have stepped over the wall with the house mortgage payment on the line and just enough gas to get home.

Im in slight disagreement with you there i dont think you have to play for big money to be a genuine participant in the game....dont get me wrong i love a pound note but knew a number of absolutely dedicated lads who lived and breathed the dogs that were literally matching for the price of a keep......as was once said to me by a big name over your side of the pond " if you wake up thinking of gamedogs and you go to bed thinking of gamedogs then you're a dogman " ?

• Like 4
Just now, gnasher16 said:

Im in slight disagreement with you there i dont think you have to play for big money to be a genuine participant in the game....dont get me wrong i love a pound note but knew a number of absolutely dedicated lads who lived and breathed the dogs that were literally matching for the price of a keep......as was once said to me by a big name over your side of the pond " if you wake up thinking of gamedogs and you go to bed thinking of gamedogs then you're a dogman " ?

I know a few lads who are like that with lurchers and terriers Nash for some it really is an obsession 

• Like 2
On 10/07/2020 at 19:11, Greb147 said:

So you're confirming the dog was a winner in authentic matches, thanks as that is something that Gnasher refused to believe. 

The dog was around in the early 90's and according to the ped also threw some winners. 

How am i refusing to believe anything ?

If the dog/s are authentic they will have show reports containing opponents/times/weights/referees........or else how can they be authentic ?

Or is this another " i believe it because someone told me "

Edited by gnasher16

Very few and far between the lads with that obsession for lurchers and terriers  it needs alot more lads like them dedicated few to keep the genuine working stuff going. The amount lads around selling them bull breeds for massive money its a sin dogs once bred for a certain purpose now just a fashion ornament.

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I know a few lads who are like that with lurchers and terriers Nash for some it really is an obsession 

For some it genuinely is about sport.....many a game dog has been lost because of money of that i have no doubt.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

How am i refusing to believe anything ?

If the dog/s are authentic they will have show reports containing opponents/times/weights/referees........or else how can they be authentic ?

Or is this another " i believe it because someone told me "

Rickshaw has confirmed this dog was authentic as he's had pups off it, he stated the dogs record is authentic. 

Whether it was against top competition I don't know but you asked me to put up just one dog that had done anything in the last 30 years and I did. 

1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

I agree it's not the amount of money,I was referring to the monthly payment not the whole mortgage,back then my mortgage payment was 300 a month as a teenager.it wouldn't even cover keep feed.?But it was more than I could afford to lose.

Living on beans while the dog eats steak and sushi .

I know a scared teenager who went to a loan shark for a grand so he could play with the "big boys"

I seen a boy swap his only vehicle for a dog.

I have also  seen the "big boys" up the price to keep certain people away. That's the sign of a coward in my book.

I've never met a REAL dogman here who was rich.

They spent it all on dogs in some way.

I called up the Untouchables when I was younger looking to breed to butkus son I believe.The old man was on oxygen tank after a heart attack I believe but insisted we talk anyway.He could barely whisper.He took a big hit of oxygen and whispered Kid what weights you got? I got all choked up immediately.Couldnt hardly talk.

When you raise one for two years and then disown  your family and friends for 4 months to live with a mutt and get him in shape then bet every dime you have whether it's 1 or a million.To me that's a dogman.

I asked an old timer what he was thinking about when he stepped over the wall.He replied ,Which one at the house is Next.

This is an addiction not to be glorified.Its only glamorous if your on the outside looking in.(peddlers,bookwriters)

I know where the loneliest corner in the world is.I would recommend all stay away.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Greb147 said:

Rickshaw has confirmed this dog was authentic as he's had pups off it, he stated the dogs record is authentic. 

Whether it was against top competition I don't know but you asked me to put up just one dog that had done anything in the last 30 years and I did. 

Mate you are gullible as f**k and unfortunately stubborn with it......it makes for a disastrous combination,its a shame you wasnt around the gamedogs when they were big here people would have had a lot of fun with you ?

• Haha 6
11 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Mate you are gullible as f**k and unfortunately stubborn with it......it makes for a disastrous combination,its a shame you wasnt around the gamedogs when they were big here people would have had a lot of fun with you ?

Ok so are you saying Rickshaw is now lying? 

I see he's smiling at your comment but he now has dug himself in to a hole by claiming the Colby dogs wins were authentic. He should know after all as he has had pups off the dog? 

One could only wish hey pal, I'm sure you were there amongst all the greats giving them advice. ?

Edited by Greb147
3 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

My father was a competition coonhunter when I was little.We ran out of gas for our heater one winter when I was about 7.But my old man had some good hounds and hunting mules ? I was 30 year old before I realized this wasn't normal.Nothing like being raised by a dogman with an obsession no matter the breed.He taught me how to get the most from a dog and I will always appreciate it.

1 minute ago, Greb147 said:

Ok so are you saying Rickshaw is now lying? 

I see he's smiling at your comment but he now has dug himself in to a hole by claiming the Colby dogs wins were authentic. He should know after all as he has had pups off the dog? 

One could only wish hey pal, I'm sure you was there amongst all the greats giving them advice. ?

That is literally one dog ?

Same reason I laughed last time ?

• Like 1
Just now, Rickshaw swami said:

My father was a competition coonhunter when I was little.We ran out of gas for our heater one winter when I was about 7.But my old man had some good hounds and hunting mules ? I was 30 year old before I realized this wasn't normal.Nothing like being raised by a dogman with an obsession no matter the breed.He taught me how to get the most from a dog and I will always appreciate it.

That is literally one dog ?

Same reason I laughed last time ?

And he literally asked me to name one dog so the laughs on him. ?

Just now, Greb147 said:

And he literally asked me to name one dog so the laughs on him. ?

The sad part is when Sam was around jcolby Lcolby Pcolby were all spitting out litters.That would be an average of 10 litters a year and you found one .So I think that would be about 2% odds back then.Numbers don't lie.

2 hours ago, Rickshaw swami said:

I agree it's not the amount of money,I was referring to the monthly payment not the whole mortgage,back then my mortgage payment was 300 a month as a teenager.it wouldn't even cover keep feed.?But it was more than I could afford to lose.

Living on beans while the dog eats steak and sushi .

I know a scared teenager who went to a loan shark for a grand so he could play with the "big boys"

I seen a boy swap his only vehicle for a dog.

I have also  seen the "big boys" up the price to keep certain people away. That's the sign of a coward in my book.

I've never met a REAL dogman here who was rich.

They spent it all on dogs in some way.

I called up the Untouchables when I was younger looking to breed to butkus son I believe.The old man was on oxygen tank after a heart attack I believe but insisted we talk anyway.He could barely whisper.He took a big hit of oxygen and whispered Kid what weights you got? I got all choked up immediately.Couldnt hardly talk.

When you raise one for two years and then disown  your family and friends for 4 months to live with a mutt and get him in shape then bet every dime you have whether it's 1 or a million.To me that's a dogman.

I asked an old timer what he was thinking about when he stepped over the wall.He replied ,Which one at the house is Next.

This is an addiction not to be glorified.Its only glamorous if your on the outside looking in.(peddlers,bookwriters)

I know where the loneliest corner in the world is.I would recommend all stay away.

I love reading this sort of stuff chaps like me back then would be so jealous of the space and freedom chaps like you had we would read stories about yards of 30 and 40 dogs while trying to keep our 1 or 2 dogs quiet so the neighbours didnt kick off ?....the best bred dog i ever came into contact with was a bitch named Crunchee she was stacked with ch,s gr ch,s and roms close up in every generation but the lad that owned her lived in a pokey one bedroom flat in Luxembourg she was treated like gold dust with nocturnal conditioning it was the complete opposite here in Europe we had the money but not the facilities and sheer freedom to keep dogs the way you did over there.....conditioning was my thing back then and was in contact with some top conditioners they always made me laugh the way they would just casually talk about swim tanks,cat mills and the like......while we had the dog out on the balcony of a high rise tower block to run the slatmill ?....frustrating times !

• Like 1