Jump to content

Pure beeds where would you be without them 👍


Recommended Posts


  • Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Gene said:

Does anyone know of any people that have used saluki alone as a base for a lurcher, I've never seen saluki/collie, saluki/bull, saluki/bedlington, etc.

 

I had a bitch who's dam was a first x saluki bull pal

Link to post
1 hour ago, Ferretman65 said:

Mchull watt is a English hare not knocking you here the only native hare to England in the mountain hare if iam right could be wrong here brown hares were brought in 

 

Before the English Channel was formed, European brown hares were here.  👍

Link to post
21 minutes ago, Gene said:

Haven't seen him on here yet, I look forward to him posting if he's as versatile as you say.

Speaking of pures, greyhound and whippet are a more versatile base than saluki if you're wanting other breeds in the mix.

Now if you're speaking of running pures then that crown would likely go to the saluki.

How do you know greyhounds or a whippets would make a better base?

How much speed do you need,? a saluki bred right will have more than enough

Link to post
5 minutes ago, dodger said:

Good interesting post thanks, I have a bitch with a non ped called sky warrior in her breeding would you happen to of heard of him or have Pic maybe. 

 

Hope you have some fun with the deerhound greyhound this season is she bred from platts

Yes mate, I was talking to Sky Warriors owner a few months back at an open race at Wallsend Rising Sun.

Hes one of the few dogs that could run under 8 seconds for 150 yards, extremely fast, and just the type of scratch dog I mentioned as being the type of stud for my bitch.

Is your pup out of Max's Fettle bred bitch ?

Cheers.

  • Like 1
Link to post
1 minute ago, shaaark said:

Before the English Channel was formed, European brown hares were here.  👍

Your given away your age shaaark lol 😆 they say the rabbit was here too and didn't make it through the ice age how knows 

  • Like 1
Link to post
4 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Yes mate, I was talking to Sky Warriors owner a few months back at an open race at Wallsend Rising Sun.

Hes one of the few dogs that could run under 8 seconds for 150 yards, extremely fast, and just the type of scratch dog I mentioned as being the type of stud for my bitch.

Is your pup out of Max's Fettle bred bitch ?

Cheers.

 

Link to post
1 hour ago, mC HULL said:

a big strong 28 inch dog be as good as any for big deer 

why wouldn’t you use a saluki for rabbits 😂 

Sure they are 👍😅

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
2 minutes ago, Gene said:

Just how old are you buddy?

Obviously not that f****n old!!  Lol.

But, like most things in life, it pays to do a bit of research.  👍

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
17 minutes ago, dodger said:

Good interesting post thanks, I have a bitch with a non ped called sky warrior in her breeding would you happen to of heard of him or have Pic maybe. 

 

Hope you have some fun with the deerhound greyhound this season is she bred from platts

No mate she's not from Platt.

Her sire is my mates deerhound that has a lot of Doxhope blood, and her dam is an Irish coursing Greyhound bitch sired by Mafi Majic, the Irish coursing champion, that a pal sent over for the breeding.

Cheers.

Link to post
26 minutes ago, Gene said:

Does anyone know of any people that have used saluki alone as a base for a lurcher, I've never seen saluki/collie, saluki/bull, saluki/bedlington, etc.

 

Had a sa!uki get to a bitch gsd, they where a lot faster than the gsd x greyhound or deerhound x greryhound crosses ive seen.

  • Like 1
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...