Lachhiman Gurung ( gurkha soldier )

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We won't give citizen ship to men like gurung who served this country and fought with honour   but we will welcome a load of primitive pakis and wogs to take over 

I don’t dispute any of that I don't know about yelling until I’m blue in the face, but I can say something and state my reasons for holding that opinion......I can’t just say “well, that’s the

f**k sake do you have any concept of what your saying ... do you know what mercenary is ??? How the fukc can they be mercenaries when their part of the British army ......

1 hour ago, JDHUNTING said:

Two wrongs don't make a right do they. There mercenaries, I'm very grateful for their contribution but they have been paid for that. I'm not totally against Gurkhas living here or anything I just don't see why they should be automatically granted the right to do so. It's emotional crap arguments like this thats filled us to the brim with every Tom dick and Abdul. Oh they work in the NHS-citizenship, we kidnapped them from their homeland and made them pick cotton-citizenship, we bombed their house in timbuktu-citizenship. Let the Gurkhas live in Nepal I'll thank them monthly with my income tax no need to move them in next door.

Ironically I live on a street filled with Gurkhas ...

Great people , great friends ?

• Like 4

The are good people,i worked with 15 neps for 10yrs.very loyal and kind people.they hate pakis,once thier in the uk they are no bother,just go,about their lives.im sure not all of them would want to live here  anyway.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, socks said:

f**k sake do you have any concept of what your saying ... do you know what mercenary is ??? How the fukc can they be mercenaries when their part of the British army ......

Maybe I don't? They appear to be mercenaries as far as I can see though. Like I said I've nothing against them quite the opposite but the countries full, there's been millions upon millions of foreigners from all over the world that have fought for the British army I don't see why that's good reason to let them all automatically live here. Either you think there's too many people here or you don't, I think there's too many. 40% of all the soldiers who served in ww2 were muslims aswell as over a million africans, same apply to all them? Were what 3-4 generations down the line so that would be prob well over 50 million dependents born by now from one war alone.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, walshie said:

It's nothing to do with emotional arguments. They paid British tax and NI for all the years they served.

Is that the threshold for for being a British citizen then? Do a job and get paid for it and pay 25% back in tax? Seems a bit cheap to me I value my country higher than a few quid in tax but each to their own.

• Like 2

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/news/world/197574/Gurkha-soldiers-for-hire/amp

There you go they sound like mercenaries to me, if we cut them from the British army they would just go and fight for someone else including Russia and China and presumably against us.

And also like I said I have nothing against them they are no doubt great people but that doesn't change the fact were a tiny island nation with millions more people already in it than there should be.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, JDHUNTING said:

Two wrongs don't make a right do they. There mercenaries, I'm very grateful for their contribution but they have been paid for that. I'm not totally against Gurkhas living here or anything I just don't see why they should be automatically granted the right to do so. It's emotional crap arguments like this thats filled us to the brim with every Tom dick and Abdul. Oh they work in the NHS-citizenship, we kidnapped them from their homeland and made them pick cotton-citizenship, we bombed their house in timbuktu-citizenship. Let the Gurkhas live in Nepal I'll thank them monthly with my income tax no need to move them in next door.

As emotive as the subject is you can’t argue with common sense and you are spot on.

You can’t  start shifting the goal posts to only entertain people who are “alright” but don’t belong here......if you do that then everyone has a shout.

Given the current context would I rather Gurkhas than Africans?.....absolutely!.... but as you say, you can’t logically make these distinctions if you truly mean it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, WILF said:

As emotive as the subject is you can’t argue with common sense and you are spot on.

You can’t  start shifting the goal posts to only entertain people who are “alright” but don’t belong here......if you do that then everyone has a shout.

Given the current context would I rather Gurkhas than Africans?.....absolutely!.... but as you say, you can’t logically make these distinctions if you truly mean it.

Why is it illogical if your fundamental philosophy is 'you're allowed to gain citizenship if we value your contribution'?

Yeah fine, if you say 'nope, no one' then you're f****d for wiggle room. But most don't.

1 hour ago, JDHUNTING said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/news/world/197574/Gurkha-soldiers-for-hire/amp

There you go they sound like mercenaries to me, if we cut them from the British army they would just go and fight for someone else including Russia and China and presumably against us.

And also like I said I have nothing against them they are no doubt great people but that doesn't change the fact were a tiny island nation with millions more people already in it than there should be.

The private sector guys don't all just kill for whoever will pay them the most. I mean, they get to choose what contracts line up with their morals.

If your profession is war and your employer of the last few hundred years tells you to f**k off then what exactly is wrong with looking for a new employer? They supposed to take up farming after earning themselves world recognition? If my country burnt me and another was willing to treat me with respect I'd f**k off and work for them too.

18 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Why is it illogical if your fundamental philosophy is 'you're allowed to gain citizenship if we value your contribution'?

Yeah fine, if you say 'nope, no one' then you're f****d for wiggle room. But most don't.

As JD said if money is the criteria (and it is)  and is valued over race and culture then fine......however if you subscribe to the idea that we are an endangered species on our own continent (and we are !) then it don’t matter who they are, we don’t need another nail in our coffin however “nice” these people may be.

I have met quiet a few Gurkhas, one estate I used to hunt had them as the owners private security and they were top blokes to a man......but they don’t belong here and that’s a fact. 

9 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

The private sector guys don't all just kill for whoever will pay them the most. I mean, they get to choose what contracts line up with their morals.

If your profession is war and your employer of the last few hundred years tells you to f**k off then what exactly is wrong with looking for a new employer? They supposed to take up farming after earning themselves world recognition? If my country burnt me and another was willing to treat me with respect I'd f**k off and work for them too.

Nothing wrong with it, it's exactly what mercenaries do. But there country hasn't burnt them because they're not British are they.

And choosing contracts that suit their morals? Come on pull your head out your arse, the whole aura of the Gurkhas is that they will just go and fight or do whatever there told without mercy or judgement of the cause. Or do you think they all think oh I'll fight for the British as their a good bunch but I'd never fight with a Russian ? were all the same to them if their CO told them to march into market Drayton and kill everyone in sight they'd do it in a heartbeat.

Gurkhas were a cheap way for us to fill the ranks with good soldiers from our point of view and from theirs we were good payers that's the long and short of it no emotions about it either side and once Lumley and co brought emotions into it the job got f****d for both sides

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, WILF said:

As JD said if money is the criteria (and it is)  and is valued over race and culture then fine......however if you subscribe to the idea that we are an endangered species on our own continent (and we are !) then it don’t matter who they are, we don’t need another nail in our coffin however “nice” these people may be.

I have met quiet a few Gurkhas, one estate I used to hunt had them as the owners private security and they were top blokes to a man......but they don’t belong here and that’s a fact. 

I don't agree that we are an endangered species or that anyone belongs anywhere particularly. But neither of those points need discussing, just clearing up what's logical and what isn't. :thumbs:

This is about fundamental morals. Some people feel that money and training is acceptable others feel citizenship is. I don't think logic is in question for most.

6 minutes ago, JDHUNTING said:

Nothing wrong with it, it's exactly what mercenaries do. But there country hasn't burnt them because they're not British are they.

And choosing contracts that suit their morals? Come on pull your head out your arse, the whole aura of the Gurkhas is that they will just go and fight or do whatever there told without mercy or judgement of the cause. Or do you think they all think oh I'll fight for the British as their a good bunch but I'd never fight with a Russian ? were all the same to them if their CO told them to march into market Drayton and kill everyone in sight they'd do it in a heartbeat.

Gurkhas were a cheap way for us to fill the ranks with good soldiers from our point of view and from theirs we were good payers that's the long and short of it no emotions about it either side and once Lumley and co brought emotions into it the job got f****d for both sides

Well I'm glad I don't live in market Drayton anymore then.if they are going to march in there lol.

4 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

I don't agree that we are an endangered species or that anyone belongs anywhere particularly. But neither of those points need discussing, just clearing up what's logical and what isn't. :thumbs:

This is about fundamental morals. Some people feel that money and training is acceptable others feel citizenship is. I don't think logic is in question for most.

Mate, you are a fan of data and the data is there, wether you believe it or not we are below replacement breeding levels and have been for a while....we are dying out on our own continent.

Its a fact......FACT ! Lol 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, JDHUNTING said:

You've missed the point. I'm saying it doesn't matter if they're actually citizens or not, the decision would be the same. You implied they were less patriotic or trustworthy because of it.

3 minutes ago, JDHUNTING said:

Do I think living Gurkha's would commit genocide against Britain if the Russians offered them more than us? :blink: No.....