dew claws on or off ?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Interesting subject. I remember two well respected, old school lurcher men having diametrically opposed views on dew claws. Paul Sagar said the dew claw was attached to a tendon and removing

Made me laugh when you mentioned boots. That film man about dog came into mind told   (BOOTS ) 

Off

Posted Images

23 hours ago, dodger said:

Always like them off when possible with running dogs were as with my spaniels I don't tend to worry as much..

Some of the twists and turns this nobhead has done, on devil terrain... I'm glad you feel that way ?

I've had a dog with a ripped dew (not a running dog) and it's not fun. I don't fancy that with a running dog. Although I can see how it's a useful tool for them... 

• Haha 1
On 20/05/2020 at 19:13, low plains drifter said:

You can still get the boots they're made by berghaus now

Remember the fella in the outdoor shop advising against them for ten to two footed tea and biscuits, pie and chips 15 stone plus plebbers on account of the softer rubber compound soles circa 1994 ish, vibram soles on modern ones might last a bit longer though

Made me laugh when you mentioned boots. That film man about dog came into mind told   (BOOTS ) 

Edited by Bangersanmash
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1