Back up at the shoot

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

This weekend has been crazy. The amount of people who are everywhere on the shoot. If I look up at the banks on the shoot they are covered in picnickers, ramblers , mountain bikers. And all other forms of humanity. I have had Larsen traps vandalised and call birds released . I dare not put down snares at the moment.

The land owner is fed up with people parking in gateways and trespassing all over the shop , he’s been putting up little signs, and someone took a dump next to one and left their precious bog roll on it . I can’t wait until all these people can get back to doing what they did before lockdown, and leave the countryside in peace . 

71DC5D5E-51F7-455F-B6AC-B52A3CF249D7.jpeg

• Sad 1
56 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

This weekend has been crazy. The amount of people who are everywhere on the shoot. If I look up at the banks on the shoot they are covered in picnickers, ramblers , mountain bikers. And all other forms of humanity. I have had Larsen traps vandalised and call birds released . I dare not put down snares at the moment.

The land owner is fed up with people parking in gateways and trespassing all over the shop , he’s been putting up little signs, and someone took a dump next to one and left their precious bog roll on it . I can’t wait until all these people can get back to doing what they did before lockdown, and leave the countryside in peace . 

71DC5D5E-51F7-455F-B6AC-B52A3CF249D7.jpeg

Tell me about it...! Lock down....what bloody lock down!

I've said it before but I can't wait for the pubs, cafes and trinkets shops to reopen!

It's a tiny island and completely over run with humans.

I have to go out at silly o'clock if I don't want to see anyone!

• Like 2

It’s a joke, the problem is they have all been enjoying their daily walk and seeing a bit of greenery and liking what they see, the amount of people that were around the shoot when I was up there was crazy and when they see me walking around with a rifle or out on the quad with a shotgun they  look shocked and look at me like I’m the one that shouldn’t be there, I’m looking forward to bumping into them when I’ve got a couple of foxes draped over the front of the quad ? 

• Haha 5

Our local council has had to send loads of litter pickers out cos all the beauty spots on the moor look like a sh1thole due to the town tossers dropping all there crap all over? and they’ve had to open the public toilets cos they think you can crap anywhere you like

• Sad 1
5 minutes ago, si brown said:

Our local council has had to send loads of litter pickers out cos all the beauty spots on the moor look like a sh1thole due to the town tossers dropping all there crap all over? and they’ve had to open the public toilets cos they think you can crap anywhere you like

A lad I know is a keeper on a big moor and they have had the fire brigade and the keepers out 3 times in the past week with idiots having barbecues in the heather, it’s lucky it’s a keepered moor with fire breaks or like these rewilded moors that have fires it would take days to get under control and at this time of year the damage to wildlife doesn’t bare thinking about 

• Sad 1

This is another thing that boils my piss , why come to the beautiful countryside and leave litter ? 
       Not to mention fly tipping. That has increased on my patch . I can’t understand it because ultimately rubbish is rubbish and it is going to end up at the tip . If the council made it easier to just take it to the tip then I’m sure most would take it there instead of the council having to send flatbeds out to pick it up from lay-bys or farm gate ways . ???

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Stavross said:

A lad I know is a keeper on a big moor and they have had the fire brigade and the keepers out 3 times in the past week with idiots having barbecues in the heather, it’s lucky it’s a keepered moor with fire breaks or like these rewilded moors that have fires it would take days to get under control and at this time of year the damage to wildlife doesn’t bare thinking about 

Idiots!! They recon the fires on sadalwoth moor the other year were started on purpose, look how long it took to get them under control :( 

3 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

This is another thing that boils my piss , why come to the beautiful countryside and leave litter ? 
       Not to mention fly tipping. That has increased on my patch . I can’t understand it because ultimately rubbish is rubbish and it is going to end up at the tip . If the council made it easier to just take it to the tip then I’m sure most would take it there instead of the council having to send flatbeds out to pick it up from lay-bys or farm gate ways . ???

I once took an old bait freezer to the tip, granted it did stink as I’d used the strimmer and forgot to plug it back in!

it was full of peeler crab and lugs?

the bloke wouldn’t let me leave it as he said it was a bio hazard... told him to @@@@ off and left it any way:) 

even the normal nice people call them the skip hitlers at out tip?

• Haha 1

This is the reservoir on the moor the lads I know keeper after the wan*ers descended on it over the bank holiday weekend, roads blocked with cars and sh*t left all over, no social distancing and a f*ck you attitude, it was some of these tw*t that started the fires, if you have no respect for the countryside the f*ck off back to your scruffy hole you call a home ??

B036818A-11BE-43A6-9518-CBF918AB7A1A.png

FF8C9953-33C7-4FE0-B9C7-AAE9955B4733.png

• Sad 4