Back up at the shoot

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Oh, I think it’s because it’s on my news app on my phone, no idea how to make it so you can read it ( it’s in the independent)

basically, it’s the government bending over ( AGAIN) and been shafted by wild Justice, it looks like as from next year you will have to have a license to release pheasant and partridge, because wild Justice have said they are an invasive species and have a detrimental effect on indigenous animals, nothing about how much good we do by controlling pests/predators  and feeding everything else not just the birds we put down ? rant over ( for now )

And they help the native grey partridge how exactly?

It's just pure prejudice.  Animal welfare has nothing to do with it.

More tax payers money being wasted to simply appease fools with egos bigger than their ideas.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, lllluke1 said:

How you going to get on up the shoot with the new lockdown?  Here in Wales, all shooting apart from pest control is banned

Not sure yet, Boris said recreation can still take place outside but you can’t mix with other households, when we were in the tier system shooting was exempt from the rule of 6 and if it’s organised where you don’t have to be in contact with others then I can’t see a problem with it, but we’ll just have to see what the shooting organisations have to say over the next couple of days 

15 minutes ago, lllluke1 said:

How you going to get on up the shoot with the new lockdown?  Here in Wales, all shooting apart from pest control is banned

On another note, wild Justice have called pheasant and red leg partridge a pest species, so maybe instead of been a game shoot I could say it’s pest control ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’ve read a bit more into it and at the minute it’s for shoots around protected sites, this is starting to look like a sneaky way of groups like the RSPB securing more land to turn into more so called protected sites for their rewinding and habitat “management” or as its otherwise known the destruction of the countryside 

12 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Defra have agreed to license the release of pheasants and partridges around protected sites , so wont apply to our shoot.

At the minute it’s protected sites but in the long run I can see it heading to there been a licensing system for anyone who wants to release none native species into the countryside, whether that be protected sites or private land 

Just now, Stavross said:

At the minute it’s protected sites but in the long run I can see it heading to there been a licensing system for anyone who wants to release none native species into the countryside, whether that be protected sites or private land 

I think so too , gradually chipping away at shooting.

3 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Reading new lockdown restrictions,  you can visit the countryside with 1 other person outside of your household. 

Yeah, so does that mean I can visit with one someone else from the shoot can visit with one and so on, until we are all in the countryside shooting at the same birds socially distanced ?