On 14/05/2020 at 17:51, Nicepix said:

I'm surprised Gansher. I thought that you'd have gone for the saloon version. More room in the boot for the swag. Must have had a few fun rides with the Sweeney's 3 litre Granada on your tail ?

I had three Beetles, three MGBs, a Triumph 2000, a Triumph 2500TC and this.......

1568865759_CliveStag.JPG.9b44947e1c09f2375ca6f45f15d2441e.JPG

The car I really wanted was a VW Karmann Ghia. Even plod on a push bike could catch one of those but what styling. A poor man's Porche - literally.

Fck me Nicepix you don't half look like Brian plummer 

• Haha 1

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Must admit it didnt  look as nice as this when i had but then i did actually drive it !....the only time it ever comes out of his garage are for these poncey vintage car shows he go,s to.  

I probably didnt fully appreciate the history to it at the time i just got caught up in the whole " Englishness " of it....it had been built at the factory in Coventry i forget what its called now and

Nice....the one i posted above is green but for some reason it looks black in the pictures.....as Jags go i think the E Type takes some beating that big old V12 the way it purrs they just ooze charact

Posted Images

If it were me for that sort of money I'd be looking at at something German  in the early  2000s  I've already mentioned the BMW 650i  also the merc SL500 is worth a look both are going to be reasonably reliable if you find a decent example ,convertible as well if you wish which you can for that money,  I think the motors you are looking at  @DIDO.1

Your only going to get the worst examples.  Just my honest opinion :thumbs:

18 minutes ago, kanny said:

If it were me for that sort of money I'd be looking at at something German  in the early  2000s  I've already mentioned the BMW 650i  also the merc SL500 is worth a look both are going to be reasonably reliable if you find a decent example ,convertible as well if you wish which you can for that money,  I think the motors you are looking at  @DIDO.1

Your only going to get the worst examples.  Just my honest opinion :thumbs:

Yeah I know your right