Where the hell did we come from ???

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's easy mate... Just pull a tooth, one of the back ones so you don't look silly, then post it to these guys https://www.ancestry.co.uk/  

I swear if they ever find a black Viking y'all will never hear the end of it from me ??

That can’t be right because Max clearly said that Henry VIII had the Tudor version of Jimmy Hendrix playing at his wedding and traitors gate was the start of the Nottinghill Carnival ? 

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Yes mate it defo is, as when we get dna tests it comes back as scotch, Irish and small amounts of Viking area genomes, and I’m glad it’s not African, and surely if we all descended from Africa then it should have shown up in the tests??? Maybe we could be as we produced some of the worlds finest darts players haha

the north African berbers had European features pale skin red hair and blue and green eyes like the irish 

Think we a discussion  similar before did a DNA test thing 79.5 English 15.6 Irish, Scottish and Welsh and 4.9 Iberian, f**k did I get some stick about Iberian. I'm like you Jetro go nearly black in a hot summer, a delivery driver on site one day asked what part of the would I was from. He would not believe me when I said Devon.

But this is an interesting subject good thread.

I read some where recently about the inhabitants of a small coastal Irish village that disappeared. the theory was that they were taken as slaves to North Africa.

Cheers Arry

14 minutes ago, Arry said:

Think we a discussion  similar before did a DNA test thing 79.5 English 15.6 Irish, Scottish and Welsh and 4.9 Iberian, f**k did I get some stick about Iberian. I'm like you Jetro go nearly black in a hot summer, a delivery driver on site one day asked what part of the would I was from. He would not believe me when I said Devon.

But this is an interesting subject good thread.

I read some where recently about the inhabitants of a small coastal Irish village that disappeared. the theory was that they were taken as slaves to North Africa.

Cheers Arry

That was hybrazil as it was called, it was like a miniature Atlantis and that’s where jetro is from ?

8 hours ago, jetro said:

How accurate are these test.

And which is the best one to try (company)

Might give one a go.

Atb j 

99.9% mate

21 minutes ago, Balaur said:

This link has some interesting information. The tests depend on each companies database, and the more tests they complete the better the accuracy etc.

https://blog.genomelink.io/posts/understanding-the-accuracy-of-ancestry-dna-tests-for-the-dna-newbie

I've literally watched my own genetic ancestry change as their database of ethnic 'standards' is expanded. IMO the topic of ancestry in general is full of misunderstandings, but especially when it comes to dna.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

I've literally watched my own genetic ancestry change as their database of ethnic 'standards' is expanded. IMO the topic of ancestry in general is full of misunderstandings, but especially when it comes to dna.

That’s interesting mate, please expand......

1 minute ago, WILF said:

That’s interesting mate, please expand......

My understanding is that they define ethnic groups by profiling individuals that they consider representative of that ethnicity. So they do a heap of research on a persons family history and if they appear to have strong and long roots to that area that individual is considered to be representative of that ethnicity. They'll do this for as many people as practical and for as many other areas/ethnicities as practical and then look for bits of dna that commonly occur in a given ethnic group so as to genetically identify that ethnicity. But it's not like they have a 'German gene' or a 'African gene' that makes the analysis very black and white (pardon the pun). There will be loads of these genetic markers they look for and no one individual from the ethnic group will have all of them. So you can see this is a very statistical thing by its nature.

The more reliable data points you have in a statistical series the more accurate your analysis can be. So as these companies build up the number of individuals they consider representative of a given ethnicity the more accurate their analysis is.

My ethnic makeup has changed as this database has expanded. I've gone from being mostly West European to now mostly English.

• Like 3