I had a quiet one last season new baby , new business no terrier and a fecked lurcher I’m looking for new clothes what best trousers boots and jacket you lads use , in walk a lot of miles so need to be light waterproof and breathable ? 

19 minutes ago, Wales1234 said:

I had a quiet one last season new baby , new business no terrier and a fecked lurcher I’m looking for new clothes what best trousers boots and jacket you lads use , in walk a lot of miles so need to be light waterproof and breathable ? 

The lads in NZ seemed to rate these for lightweight/waterproof/breathable. 20% sale currently too. Personally they were too baggy for me so can't personally vouch for them. https://www.stoneycreekhunting.co.uk/shop/layering-system/rainwear-layer/dreambull-overtrousers.html?layer=1

'Durability' is more of a concern for me and for that I have to recommend the £25 Solognac waterproof trousers from Decathlon. For beating and terriers etc in shitty weather they are extremely good value for money. That comes at the cost of breathability though.

Personally I rate Altberg boots, but I have funny fitting feet.

Jacket, as far a lightweight/waterproof/breathable goes probably Kuiu would be hard to beat. What size are you, I have a brand new one for sale. :laugh:

I have been using British army MTP ripstop over trousers on the farm and they have been fantastic, you can ware a lightweight trouser underneath and you don’t end up sweating like Jimmy Saville on a school bus !

2 minutes ago, WILF said:

I have been using British army MTP ripstop over trousers on the farm and they have been fantastic, you can ware a lightweight trouser underneath and you don’t end up sweating like Jimmy Saville on a school bus !

Where do you get them from though? I've had tons of army surplus overtrousers and won't touch em now. A fella who was in RAF Reg laughed at me moaning about them once and told me they called them "cold and wets". lol.

8 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Where do you get them from though? I've had tons of army surplus overtrousers and won't touch em now. A fella who was in RAF Reg laughed at me moaning about them once and told me they called them "cold and wets". lol.

I got mine just on eBay, Stiffmiester said they were good and he was right.

I wouldn’t take too much notice of anyone in the RAF because they would know absolutely f**k all about performance of kit in foul conditions........adventure canoe days followed up by a bar-b-q don’t really count ! Lol ? 

• Haha 3

Seeland marsh trousers are worth the money, had my pair 3 seasons been spot on and vernay carron ibex 3 in 1 coat and trousers... Mrs got me coat for crimbo, had the trousers 2 yrsScreenshot_20200424-132951.png.efcfe00a32f7b9a88ef9c7839f2a6d42.png

Its work having a look at grade 1 surplus goretex kit if your on a budget ? 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Pirate 9000 said:

Got harkila Jacket been spot on for 2 season's but 3rd season definitely been leaking when long periods of heavy rain.

I’ve got a harkila jacket that I love. They don’t make it anymore and I’m a bit gutted tbh. Just a goretex lined hooded hard shell. Think I’ve done about four seasons with it. Everything from them now seems a bit too soft and pretty or over 500 quid!

Screenshot_20200424-101713.png.781e63e7aa550ba58563a26782173fd2.png

I don't know if it would be feasible with shipping but American coon hunters wear these.Look up coonhunting supplies.I wear the hip waders.Most coonhound hunters wear the bibs and jacket.They are waterproof and briarproof.Built for dogmen running through the woods.If your jumping fences running from a landowner they will tear on barbwire or so I've been told ?

I think it depends on your hunting and your terrain. I'm in the wet flat clay of the south and wear wellies for majority of the season but I've been hunting the hill with Owain and you need different gear ther. I'd be looking at technical hiking gear rather than the usual hunting togs. Looked to me like you got it sussed Owain, good boots, breathable trousers and a hoody with a waterproof jacket in a bag. Added bonus is you look like a rambler so less likely to get hassle than if you set out in camo or flat cap etc

• Like 2