Woodland management

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sounds like another storm coming in, hope it doesn't do as much damage as last time, wind's right up, had enough rain to fill a reservoir aswell lol, nice break in the weather this afternoon though fo

Hard days work on the clearing, and good to see the sweet chestnut sapling growing on well

You've got a f***ing panther! 

Posted Images

Is a " Dead Hedge " just lined up, cut shit then? (Want to see My Loppers? I promise I won't tell your mum! ?)

Actually interesting that you mention it. Because I Sprayed some vegetation a day or two ago. And I'm now dashing out there to peek at the results. Sort of hoping to see a 'Dead Hedge' effect appear.

Caught three robins in the last 24 hours. One was a 3j, interestingly @Mr Wilkes

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, gnipper said:

Do acers root up same as willows just from pushing a stick in the ground?

Scrape the bark off the bottom couple of inches, I've dipped half of these in rooting powder to see if there's any difference 

Put the last lot in plant pots, and most of them rooted

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Daniel cain said:

Did you spend the night under canvas out in it drift?

Aye, thought it was a thunderstorm through the night, but it was trees being uprooted and some even broken off halfway up the trunks, looked like the opening scene from The Terminator circa 1984 this morning lol

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Daniel cain said:

Fair play....I was gonna do an over nighter fishing....the bivvy would of ended up in the north sea lol...have a few hrs piking tomorrow instead ?

It's dangerous mate, there must have been about 30 trees either flattened, broken, or leaning ready to fall that I could see this morning, then the road down the bank was in a hell of a state, looked like some serious weight had landed on the static caravans 

IMG_20211127_082051.jpg

• Like 1