Woodland management

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sounds like another storm coming in, hope it doesn't do as much damage as last time, wind's right up, had enough rain to fill a reservoir aswell lol, nice break in the weather this afternoon though fo

Hard days work on the clearing, and good to see the sweet chestnut sapling growing on well

You've got a f***ing panther! 

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Was thinking along those lines fellas.

Sussex, can you not have a chat with your neighbours, and explain to them that managing the numbers of fallow will benefit the land, trees and wildlife on the land?

If only mate ! ...you would have more success trying to swim the Atlantic with a cooker on your back ...they , infact it’s not they it’s her doesn't see a problem , she doesn’t see that her woodland undercover is nothing but rhododendrons , there’s little bird life , it’s running alive with squirrels and she gives not a jot that they are destroying the neighbouring land .She likes to reside in the country but she’s not a country girl ..I think her husband just wants a quite life and seems to not want to rock the boat ..I’d tip her out tied to a fcuking anvil ...minted because of him she’s just spoilt ..and is never wrong ...

When you speak to them you can see she has zero interest in anyone that has a different perspective ....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
2 minutes ago, sussex said:

If only mate ! ...you would have more success trying to swim the Atlantic with a cooker on your back ...they , infact it’s not they it’s her doesn't see a problem , she doesn’t see that her woodland undercover is nothing but rhododendrons , there’s little bird life , it’s running alive with squirrels and she gives not a jot that they are destroying the neighbouring land .She likes to reside in the country but she’s not a country girl ..I think her husband just wants a quite life and seems to not want to rock the boat ..I’d tip her out tied to a fcuking anvil ...minted because of him she’s just spoilt ..and is never wrong ...

When you speak to them you can see she has zero interest in anyone that has a different perspective ....

Not a very hopeful situation then mate.

I like the bit with the anvil lol ?

• 4 months later...
On 15/04/2020 at 11:38, sussex said:

It's not to hard to get a licence to shoot deer at night that are travelling onto your land and damaging crops at night,i know of a couple of local lads who have got them easy enough..

• Sad 1
2 hours ago, fireman said:

It's not to hard to get a licence to shoot deer at night that are travelling onto your land and damaging crops at night,i know of a couple of local lads who have got them easy enough..

I’ve been shooting deer for the best part of forty years mate and getting a license to shoot them legally at night in England is very very difficult , I don’t know one person who has successfully applied to natural England and got one ..I’ve met several who claim to have them but never seen the paperwork proof ...

The requirements to shoot at night are the last resort after every other avenue has been covered , including fencing , even then it won’t include shooting out of season .. I believe Richmond park gets one but can’t trace any other one issued regularly ..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 months later...
On 15/04/2020 at 10:52, low plains drifter said:

Nothing so sinister mate, it'll have been the cheviot yeti

All joking aside and without wishing to hi jack your thread but if you happen across any of these mystery carcasses would you be so kind to have a little look especially on the pelvic girdle for a triangle of small holes or dents about 4 to 7 mm apart from each other and if you are fortunate enough to find any, would you keep them for me please, happy to pay for postage  ?

F37C1DE8-4249-4810-9E1A-BF1685D74626.jpeg

29ACB633-C2A1-4099-B990-A64A3DA611AD.jpeg

E8480C7B-CA8E-41D3-AB83-B937ABFCF135.jpeg

• Like 3
51 minutes ago, Greyman said:

All joking aside and without wishing to hi jack your thread but if you happen across any of these mystery carcasses would you be so kind to have a little look especially on the pelvic girdle for a triangle of small holes or dents about 4 to 7 mm apart from each other and if you are fortunate enough to find any, would you keep them for me please, happy to pay for postage  ?

F37C1DE8-4249-4810-9E1A-BF1685D74626.jpeg

29ACB633-C2A1-4099-B990-A64A3DA611AD.jpeg

E8480C7B-CA8E-41D3-AB83-B937ABFCF135.jpeg

I will do mate, I noticed a fresh deer carcass in the woods a couple of weeks ago, the dogs were pulling for it as we walked down the track, didn't get close as it was in a heavily wooded inaccessible patch, one of the other woodland owners mentioned yesterday her retriever dog who runs loose had brought a badger skin back, do you know of any big cat sightings in Northumberland ?, There's a place called Harwood forest that's got some reputation for odd things being seen

• Like 1
2 hours ago, low plains drifter said:

Clearing a ride

IMG_20201216_143501.jpg

IMG_20201216_143427.jpg

I can’t really add anything interesting to your thread, only that I think that’s a great way to spend time. Hope you do well with it mate ?