got the mountain bike out

3 hours ago, kanny said:

Going away from push bikes but Nice if you have a spare 10k burning a hole in your pocket . 

Nice , but I can’t see that being on a par with my old YZ125 , riding round the place with no engine noise you must loose half the fun ..we used to ride ours round what is now Lakeside and the huge housing estate ..at the time it was a disused cement and gravel workings , we had some spills over there .. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just done a 6 miler, lovely. Cheers, D.  

Just had an hr up the feild with my lad on his electric motorbike.... Pulls me along and up the hills?  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, sussex said:

Nice , but I can’t see that being on a par with my old YZ125 , riding round the place with no engine noise you must loose half the fun ..we used to ride ours round what is now Lakeside and the huge housing estate ..at the time it was a disused cement and gravel workings , we had some spills over there .. 

Dont forget the smell of two-stroke ?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, sussex said:

Youd be surprised at what the electric bikes can do.The acceleration on them things is phenomenal 

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, dogmad riley said:

And it's not illegal to ride them through woods etc

That's the bonus with these new electric MX bikes they are stealth and don't attract to much attention..I had everything from a Kawasaki kx80 upto a Honda cr500 but was always limited on where you could ride mostly due to the noise. I reckon you could get away with riding just about anywhere with the new electric  MX  bikes. 

Edit just to add I reckon the reliability will be much better  on the electric bikes, owning a 2 stroke mx bike was like having a  mortgage lol always costing me 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, kanny said:

Going away from push bikes but Nice if you have a spare 10k burning a hole in your pocket . 

Boy I work with got 1 on order...... Ktm mad, got 3/4 motorbikes and ktm mountain bike ?lads they are beating the petrol bikes in races..... Its quite surreal flying along with no engine noise..... Way forward, they will come down in price next Yr or two and get better

• Like 1
10 hours ago, kanny said:

Looks a decent setup if you fancy doing your own conversion. ..beauty of conversion is   you  can be a bit naughty 

https://www.cloudsto.com/ebikes/kirbebike-conv-kits/kirbebike-1500w-2000w-ebike-kit-inc-ion-plus-58v-17ah-battery-detail.html

that looks really cool but i will stick to my old plodder.went up the hill again today so that is sunday,tuesday,thursday and today.not to bad for an old git and managed to hold of a few guys who wear the lycra crap today too going up the steepest part of the climb

2 minutes ago, .357shooter said:

that looks really cool but i will stick to my old plodder.went up the hill again today so that is sunday,tuesday,thursday and today.not to bad for an old git and managed to hold of a few guys who wear the lycra crap today too going up the steepest part of the climb

No substitute for the real thing :thumbs:

• Like 1

Got a few decent rides in over the last couple of weeks.Just starting to build the miles up and my knee has started giving me a load of gyp.Was hoping to be back to the level I was last summer before I had to go back to work.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, downsouth said:

Got a few decent rides in over the last couple of weeks.Just starting to build the miles up and my knee has started giving me a load of gyp.Was hoping to be back to the level I was last summer before I had to go back to work.

I haven't been riding for a couple of years because of foot injury ,cycling just seem to set it off and I've have days of agony but since lockdown I've started getting out again did a few days on the road to get my legs going again  the longest ride was 15 miles  but the last couple of days we have hit the foot paths hard going in places  but more enjoyable for me did 8 Mile yesterday  and 9 miles today  and the foot seems to be holding up well :thumbs:

• Like 1