got the mountain bike out

I watch a lot of the carwow  vids on YouTube and I just came across this one made 3 days ago about e bikes , guess hes struggling for content during lockdown but I thought it would be perfect for this thread. 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just done a 6 miler, lovely. Cheers, D.  

Just had an hr up the feild with my lad on his electric motorbike.... Pulls me along and up the hills?  

Posted Images

just had one of those electric high end mountainbikes pass my going up the hill again this morning,smug get.he was in what looked like nearly top gear putting no effort into it.me struggling and sweating and panting but still i am getting fitter.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, .357shooter said:

just had one of those electric high end mountainbikes pass my going up the hill again this morning,smug get.he was in what looked like nearly top gear putting no effort into it.me struggling and sweating and panting but still i am getting fitter.

A couple of my pals have got them.One of them is a big fat c**t and has just bought a brand new one and sold his old one to my other pal who aint rode a bike for years.They cant understand why I dont want to ride with them but I cant see the point in watching them disappear without even breathing heavy when I know they wouldnt last 2miles with me on a proper bike.Funny thing is they've actually convinced themselves they're getting fit.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
On 07/04/2020 at 15:35, Arry said:

Had a week up they're loved it. I can't praise the Forest management up enough the tracks are fantastic so well kept. Cannop ponds was just few minutes away from the cottage we stayed in.

Wish I'd had known the about the Chips though before thats away useful when somewhere different.

Cheers Arry

I used to fish cannop  when I was about 10, you used to have to drive to yorkley then go off road along the old train lines to get there, it’s very different up there now, they have a little food fair at the speechhouse pub just up the road from there which is a nice day out as well if your about when it’s on, can see myself spending a bit more time over there again now the bridge tolls have gone ✌️

1 hour ago, downsouth said:

A couple of my pals have got them.One of them is a big fat c**t and has just bought a brand new one and sold his old one to my other pal who aint rode a bike for years.They cant understand why I dont want to ride with them but I cant see the point in watching them disappear without even breathing heavy when I know they wouldnt last 2miles with me on a proper bike.Funny thing is they've actually convinced themselves they're getting fit.

Sounds like me ?

On 08/04/2020 at 11:15, kanny said:

I watch a lot of the carwow  vids on YouTube and I just came across this one made 3 days ago about e bikes , guess hes struggling for content during lockdown but I thought it would be perfect for this thread. 

Done 10 miles on this beauty yesterday, 1976 puch touring ladies bike,  nearly 60 yo arthritis in me feet and a hernia much as I’d love an electric it won’t get me any fitter so will plod on for now ✌️

CC98CFD1-36F7-47CF-A789-76F73B8B0DC1.jpeg

• Like 4
1 hour ago, downsouth said:

A lad passed us on an ebike on the steepest part of a climb a few weeks ago must have been 18stone, fat fcuker looked smug as fcuk when we got to the top all blowing out our asses lol. I’ll keep peddling for as long as I’m able to and he can keep being a fatty. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Greyman said:

Done 10 miles on this beauty yesterday, 1976 puch touring ladies bike,  nearly 60 yo arthritis in me feet and a hernia much as I’d love an electric it won’t get me any fitter so will plod on for now ✌️

CC98CFD1-36F7-47CF-A789-76F73B8B0DC1.jpeg

That’s prob worth a few quid these days, our old youth club got renovated in mid noughts, in one of the old stores they found 2 schwinn tandems and the youth leader at the time took them and sold them, made a fair few quid for himself lucky git

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Depends on terrain and rider weight... My lad gets 2 hrs or there abouts, less hassle than petrol and no noise so no complaints ?

I bought my boy an ital jet when he was a nipper , forty years ago now , fcuk did that get the neighbours complaining or what ! ?

• Haha 2

Got to be honest I think once again we may be getting a bit ripped off in the uk with regard to electric bikes, I would not use one as a bike just to go out for rides on while I can still pedal, but have considered one as a main source of transport for going to and from work and done quite a bit of looking and this one in the states seems like the bollox to me and is less than a grand to buy, in fact it’s only a few hundred quid dearer than a conversion kit for your own bike which seems a bit mad ✌️

• Like 1