Dog trackers

I've got the Sportdog tek 1.0, they don't use maps but work well enough in the midlands although I can see how useful maps would be in more mountainous terrain. It just works, none of the bother with maps and updates. The downside is that they are designed for US trail hounds and the collars are really big on a lurcher, the collar just about stays on my skinny saluki x and I can see it bouncing around a lot as she runs. It would fit fine on big bull xs and suchlike with big necks. Also the signal transmits something like every 10 seconds and struggles to keep up with the speed and the rapid changes of direction in the way a lurcher runs. 

I've done a lot of work with mine bonding, playing tug and make sure to do a few recalls every day and make it a positive experience for the dog and let her go straight out again. Sounds stupid, but hiding and waiting for the dog to come looking also seems to help. Mine was a nightmare for hunting on when she got unsighted and although she still runs out much further than any other dog I ever had, she comes back looking for me much quicker now. Still gives me a few frights, but don't end up wandering around the fields for an hour or two worrying what has happened to the dog :laugh:

10 hours ago, Gaz_Lurcherlad said:

It’s been a pain in the arse recently will go for half hour or so , clearly had something but won’t take me back to it happened a few times now what’s best trackers about 

Go on GPS4us website, if I was you I’d go for the t5 mini there a lot smaller than the normal t5. Battery less but mini is still more than enough. Think you get about 9 hours life. Speak with them on the online chat but they are American so you will need to speak with them at the right time or just leave a messsge but the ones I’ve had I just order  and they work straight out the box. Remember you will have to buy the handset with it. Think it’s the alpha 100 now. I have the old 360 but think that’s discontinued now. Deffo worth the money.