Back out at the bunnies ?

4 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

I was out last night with the .22 in pursuit of bunnies too. The ground was absolutely saturated and muddy ,no grass left on fields. Very challenging as bunnies were a bit shy as I'm not the only one on this ground but I love a challenge......anyway ended up with 15 rabbits and 2 rats.

20200215_001820.jpg

That’s a cracking result, if this weather keeps up they will be doing lengths of the fields they are that wet ?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Even though it’s windy and a little bit rainy, I thought I’d treat myself to a walk out after a bit of ferret food for a mate, on arrival I realised that the wind was a little bit stronger than I was

Could’ve done with a drop of gravy, other than that it was delicious ?     ?

https://images.app.goo.gl/jCnnaPK8iutdUvYw6

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Longshanx said:

Good going mate, especially with the weather, I know what that place is like when the wind picks up, proper wild, not to mention freezing. Should be out next week I'm getting cabin fever. I wish this weather would feck off so normal duties can be resumed. 

The wind was crazy, blowing off the top of the moor, straight through the valley, there was half a dozen roe in the top field if you are hungry ??

2 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

Was going too but walkers pass close by in the day. It's a clever one. I photographed it weeks ago on the trail cam. In every shot it was looking at the ir light and it never returned.

When I saw it Thursday night it was staring at the ir of the pard spotter.

It's a smart one for certain. If the rain let's up about 11pm I may just try catching her out again, I say her, I'm convinced it's a vixen.

some people say they cant see ir..

I say bollox, ive watched rats rabbits and foxes do a runner as soon as they have SEEN the ir.. then you get posts saying you aint got a clue ?

although thermal is expensive you can afford the luxury of just observing cos nothings got a clue apart from the keeper watching you:whistling:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
23 minutes ago, Stavross said:

From what I’ve seen everything sees 850 and 940 ir, I’ve got a laser ir and nothing seems to notice that, not been technical I have no idea why that is 

the pards use a laser stav and ive watched stuff peeking round corners cos they can see it, I think it means nothing to them till they have had a close call

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Stavross said:

That’s a cracking result, if this weather keeps up they will be doing lengths of the fields they are that wet ?

These fields were atrocious, I was slipping,  sliding and slurping all over the place. A lot of fields held nothing due to the wet conditions. 

1 hour ago, si brown said:

the pards use a laser stav and ive watched stuff peeking round corners cos they can see it, I think it means nothing to them till they have had a close call

I called a fox in to only stop and turn to walk off as soon as I turned my NV on.

There is an infra red security light near me and it looks like a bright light viewed through the pard. I wonder if a fox sees like a black, blacker than the night or maybe a faint shaded area. The educated ones defo see something.

5 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

I called a fox in to only stop and turn to walk off as soon as I turned my NV on.

There is an infra red security light near me and it looks like a bright light viewed through the pard. I wonder if a fox sees like a black, blacker than the night or maybe a faint shaded area. The educated ones defo see something.

ive watched them nearly shit them selves through some trail cam footage ive seen on YouTube,  I will get round to ordering a trail cam though as its would cut some time out when there a solo pest. 

theres no doubt they see something, im sure they notice it more when its a cant see your feet kind of night.. 

ive been decked out  watching stuff fully unaware of me with no wind, turned the nv on for the shot and they have legged it..

thats why I keep the lamp on me cf, at least you get the stunned moment 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, si brown said:

ive watched them nearly shit them selves through some trail cam footage ive seen on YouTube,  I will get round to ordering a trail cam though as its would cut some time out when there a solo pest. 

theres no doubt they see something, im sure they notice it more when its a cant see your feet kind of night.. 

ive been decked out  watching stuff fully unaware of me with no wind, turned the nv on for the shot and they have legged it..

thats why I keep the lamp on me cf, at least you get the stunned moment 

Which illuminator are you using with n/v?

Buy a 940nm trail cam, they can't see a red glow because there isn't one. 

9 minutes ago, ianm said:

Which illuminator are you using with n/v?

Buy a 940nm trail cam, they can't see a red glow because there isn't one. 

only use pard now and there a laser...

never noticed trail cams being offered in 940 before but Ive only ever looked at cheap ones as id be well pissed off if I payed £200for a good one and it got nicked:( 

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, BenBhoy said:

Sounds like when I wash my hands. I told her white towels was a bad idea! 

Brown, karki or green only towel wise.

If I was to design a range of underpants for men they would be brown but with a yellow strip at the front for contrast. I would use a fabric that resists the absorbstion of water based solids and fluids rich in ammonia.

• Haha 1

My perm has lampshy foxes and boy do they run away from i/r ,i was warned when i got it a couple of nuggets had made it difficult so its thermal spot ,and snap shot as the I/r does a Linford christie on them .

The foxes and munties can both see I/R as can Badgers ,due to a recent cull around here any brock does a runner as soon as he,s spotted but the solaris lazer doesnt seem to bother them atb

• Like 3