Lurcher rescue centres

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well folks bit the bullet and pick up a pup in a little under a fortnight. Kids picked the name Jess     

A lad I used to knock about with had was registered as a “dog walker “ for a local refuge...he only walked lurchers and the staff loved him as sometimes those dogs slept very very well when they were 

Can't beat the bull type dog I've kept them all my life pic of my dog I had his grandmother his great grandfather is a dog called baldbull black jack  Theres Few old pics here one of a great old time

Posted Images

The criteria of rescue centres can be so off the mark. Many years ago we looked at rehoming one, but failed the home visit. The reason being, we didn’t have an enclosed garden, which the tick sheet required.....

we lived on a farm with a 2 acre paddock so could hardly have a 6 foot fence round it ??‍♂️

• Like 2

A lad I used to knock about with had was registered as a “dog walker “ for a local refuge...he only walked lurchers and the staff loved him as sometimes those dogs slept very very well when they were brought back

well they would after getting fired at as many hares we could find off the back of the van ???

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

In a way you can't really blame the rescue places.Over here the pounds are overflowing with unwanted dogs bred for pig hunting.Too many messers in the hunting game now,in a perfect World only dedicated dog men would work dogs and breed the odd litter for themselves and other hunters.It's also sad that the rescue places don't look at each case and place purpose bred dogs in good working homes where they will live the full lives they need, not what they think they need.

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...
39 minutes ago, RossM said:

Well folks bit the bullet and pick up a pup in a little under a fortnight.

Kids picked the name Jess 

58CC0115-391A-4444-94CF-529FD0247DAE.jpeg

364693E8-D98F-41CE-A90A-D14C8B9558B3.jpeg

Smart looking pups. How is she bred? There’s no way you are walking away without one if the kids are with you ?

4 minutes ago, white van man said:

Smart looking pups. How is she bred? There’s no way you are walking away without one if the kids are with you ?

Collie/grey deer/grey

43 minutes ago, white van man said:

Spot on. Could see there was collie from the other pup. How tall you reckon she will make? 

Dam was 24ish sire 28ish think she’ll make 24-26ish? Hopefully!! lol 2nd smallest in the litter.