Jump to content

Terrier work in the USA - Photos and Stories.


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Glyn..... said:

I think all of the Nuttall blood was added a good decade before legions kennell buf I cant read your peds eyes are f****d these days 

It was the Legion kennel that done the last bull out cross and no black dogs are on that ped...

 

  • Like 2
Link to post

  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will post some pictures good enough for public viewfrom this season.I will not reply to fighting or crying.The third picture down was in a rangy place.I located the bitch 200 yards from entrance wit

Barn Hunting with a group of friends in Iowa February 2001. Racoons are widely regarded as pests and do a considerable amount of damage. They damage farmer's crops and get into barns where t

I jumped out of bed at 3am to get ready to go explore a swamp I'm only allowed to hunt in Sept.Because of this there is a bunch of yearling coons there.Perfect for a pup to start the season.I released

Posted Images

Screenshot_20200220-220852.png.8a15ae6a1b9b3109a59004064c52dbf8.png

It snowed in Dixie this morning.Thats about as rare as a hermaphrodite Bigfoot.I got my work done midmorning and was headed digging about the time the snow changed to rain.I loaded up a small bitch.I walked a few miles down river bank to the mouth of a creek where I have consistently encountered otter.

Screenshot_20200220-220842.png.3c18bdf480a0464533794f214b52f797.png

 

 

This set runs parallel with creek roughly 400 ft.In order to track terrier I stand in the middle of set.I was waiting for terrier to settle.As I was standing there just enjoying nature I felt something under my foot.I screamed and jumped when I looked down.

Screenshot_20200220-220214.png.c2d002c4ad17e91e75348aee607e7e83.png

2 poisonous cottonmouths.They could barely move in the cold.As I was gaining my composure the otter bolted.If any UK gentlemen enjoy walking miles crossing dangerous creeks and messing up your underwear then I know the perfect place.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 5
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1
Link to post
10 hours ago, Glyn..... said:

i remember reading it in one of plummers books   how did the hybrids work ? Plummer used Nuttalls after Hinchcliffe’s jacked terrier work although Hinchcliffe’s terriers carried s lot  of blood of Brian's via K.Powers Flint also known as Pennine Flint  I just cant remember the names of the Nuttall studs used I know it was mid to  late 80's and wasn't Micky 

I think it was jaeger Brian used.

  • Like 1
Link to post
5 hours ago, Rickshaw swami said:

Screenshot_20200220-220852.png.8a15ae6a1b9b3109a59004064c52dbf8.png

It snowed in Dixie this morning.Thats about as rare as a hermaphrodite Bigfoot.I got my work done midmorning and was headed digging about the time the snow changed to rain.I loaded up a small bitch.I walked a few miles down river bank to the mouth of a creek where I have consistently encountered otter.

Screenshot_20200220-220842.png.3c18bdf480a0464533794f214b52f797.png

 

 

This set runs parallel with creek roughly 400 ft.In order to track terrier I stand in the middle of set.I was waiting for terrier to settle.As I was standing there just enjoying nature I felt something under my foot.I screamed and jumped when I looked down.

Screenshot_20200220-220214.png.c2d002c4ad17e91e75348aee607e7e83.png

2 poisonous cottonmouths.They could barely move in the cold.As I was gaining my composure the otter bolted.If any UK gentlemen enjoy walking miles crossing dangerous creeks and messing up your underwear then I know the perfect place.

 

 

 

 

Question is ..... did you catch your quarry???

Keep the stories coming. If I ever get the chance i may come see for myself!

  • Like 2
Link to post
6 hours ago, Rickshaw swami said:

Screenshot_20200220-220852.png.8a15ae6a1b9b3109a59004064c52dbf8.png

It snowed in Dixie this morning.Thats about as rare as a hermaphrodite Bigfoot.I got my work done midmorning and was headed digging about the time the snow changed to rain.I loaded up a small bitch.I walked a few miles down river bank to the mouth of a creek where I have consistently encountered otter.

Screenshot_20200220-220842.png.3c18bdf480a0464533794f214b52f797.png

 

 

This set runs parallel with creek roughly 400 ft.In order to track terrier I stand in the middle of set.I was waiting for terrier to settle.As I was standing there just enjoying nature I felt something under my foot.I screamed and jumped when I looked down.

Screenshot_20200220-220214.png.c2d002c4ad17e91e75348aee607e7e83.png

2 poisonous cottonmouths.They could barely move in the cold.As I was gaining my composure the otter bolted.If any UK gentlemen enjoy walking miles crossing dangerous creeks and messing up your underwear then I know the perfect place.

 

 

 

 

Aaaand bolllocks to that 😂

  • Like 1
Link to post

Tyla I did not get the quarry.This set has 14 exits.3 of which was underwater as the creek was a foot higher than it should of been.Since creeks are rising I'm headed to do pest control in a woodpile today.Luckily it's even colder and this place has no cottonmouths.Mr Barrie thank you for your comments.You have given an accurate description of dog hunters here.Some of these friendly chats over breakfast have helped me with my chosen quarry.I also receive points of interest from upset fishermen.

  • Like 2
Link to post
21 hours ago, Glyn..... said:

i remember reading it in one of plummers books   how did the hybrids work ? Plummer used Nuttalls after Hinchcliffe’s jacked terrier work although Hinchcliffe’s terriers carried s lot  of blood of Brian's via K.Powers Flint also known as Pennine Flint  I just cant remember the names of the Nuttall studs used I know it was mid to  late 80's and wasn't Micky 

Your knowledge of these terriers is truly amazing, always enjoy getting to hear from you sir and your dealings with these dog I only no from pedigrees 

  • Like 2
Link to post
2 hours ago, BrandonDGPT said:

Your knowledge of these terriers is truly amazing, always enjoy getting to hear from you sir and your dealings with these dog I only no from pedigrees 

All you need to know is no one who seriously works terriers to ground works the shit 

Link to post

Screenshot_20200223-080845.png.2006f02b74e8f3544df23726be284dea.pngDoing some pest control.14 lb bitch was entered here. there was fresh fox shit where she's standing.after an hour of running laps inside she began to settle.At this point the Redbox started jumping everywhere.I have not had this to happen in similar situations.There is no metal in there.I spent another hour crawling around trying to figure it out as box was fluctuating over a 5 foot range.8-13ft.The directional arrow lights were flashing everywhere no matter where I moved. they began to move and box started working right once they got away from this area.They were getting close the side so I looked over the edge and saw an orange flash.i slid down and grabbed the bitch as she passed by.She doesn't have a mark on her but was exhausted.Has anyone had their locator to do this?I could use some help as I got lucky.Could the density of a giant log do this?I placed the collar under a few logs and it read steady.Any help please.

P.S. 

Their was heavy equipment right behind terrier.I have been out past 3 days.Had a terrier drug in creek by beaver and got kissed for her trouble bolted otter killed 2 snakes and another terrier who looks likes she ran across the Mojave desert No quarry taken.All Americans ain't living the dream.Thats them Northern boys.

 

  • Like 4
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...