Rabbit hunting

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I read thread this thread when it started and thought you've been getting some good detailed advice so there was nothing l could add. Then l remembered what it was like when l had my first air ri

Not really, you would be better off using pellets.

Daniel hi. My apologies for the delay in catching up as I've been out of circulation with a health issue these last months. And thank you to Phil, Bigmac and Mark and all the lads who say such kind th

Posted Images

On 11/01/2020 at 17:10, Rabbiter12...2 said:

The gun pellets and scope

i use a bag filled with saw dust to rest the gun on

image.jpg

How has no one noticed that front scope ring not seated right? LOL

I don't shoot airguns anymore but I'd be dubious how firmly your scope is seated mate. Bring that front scope mount a touch back so it sits flush with the scope tube and isn't canted up by the taper of the objective lens.

:good:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Webley raider 10 or single shot

one of the best rifles iv had

i was a fool to get rid of it in 22

but 177 just as good

and you should get a full set up for the £200 to £230 mark

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

GEDC0027.JPG

GEDC0029.JPG

Is your one in 177 up for grabs??

there was one on here but sold

cant find one for less than &£400 ?

Edited by Rabbiter12...2
On 11/01/2020 at 17:14, Rabbiter12...2 said:

Is it worth replacing the gun or not is so with what kind?

I read thread this thread when it started and thought you've been getting some good detailed advice so there was nothing l could add.

Then l remembered what it was like when l had my first air rifle. In those far off days we started off with whatever rifle we could afford or was handed down to us. Most of them were pretty crude compared with what is in use today. A rifle like your xorcet would've been a thing of dreams.

Persevere with it !

Forget pointy pellets; the Rws should be pretty good or maybe a heavy Jsb. We  had to make do with what was cheapest in the local shop,usually a choice between soft Milbros or hard Wasps . 

Make sure your scope is tight and zero it at 20 yards . When you are confident the rifle and you are shooting straight,maybe see what you can do at longer range. 

There  is no shame in confining yourself to short range hunting. In fact you will learn a lot more about fieldcraft and proper stalking than you will if you chop and change your rifles in search of some holy grail, or go straight in with a super dooper Pcp . 

Enjoy what you have to hand for a while . Then you will be able to make your own descision about upgrading, or not ......And to be honest a 2p group with a springer ,at 30 yards isn't that bad . Especially as you are still experimenting with pellets.

I'm wondering if l should get my tin hat ?

Edited by comanche
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1