Anybody plan on breeding wheaten greys this new year?

43 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

This is just my opinion by the way but I’d say proper well bred bull xs are every bit as rare as proper well bred Wheaten xs. 

Very true, I’ve been fortunate enough to have been in the company of some excellent bull crosses and turned down pups many times as they’re just not my type. And they were top class well proven parents.

• Like 2

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Posting pics up for Busher100. Bull/Wheaten and coursing greyhound bitch? should be handy dogs  

1st x.Wheaton bull.dog.single handed.still young.may stud out [BANNED TEXT] older an guaranteed. See how he goes

They’re like fanny pads, every bleeding Cnut has one

Posted Images

15 hours ago, Busher100 said:

Not proper wheaten greys lol but I'm breeding a first x bull wheaten to a coursing grey bitch when she comes in hopefully produce somethin decent ✌

were you not going to breed a whippet bull to your grey bitch busher, sorry if ave got that wrong.

44 minutes ago, Marvel said:

were you not going to breed a whippet bull to your grey bitch busher, sorry if ave got that wrong.

I did mate she didnt take tho unfortunately the bull wheaten should produce something bigger stronger and faster thats the plan anyhow

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Every wheaton got a drop of bull in em len?..... Don't be so picky, if dogs are both doing the job, then they worth taking the chance on IMHO ?

Not being picky DC just know the type I like, don’t doubt the bull crosses just not my type. In my own experience on half crosses the wheaten came lighter on the foot than the bulls, and I like the big coats on them too. But that’s only the ones I’ve been around. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Every wheaton got a drop of bull in em len?..... Don't be so picky, if dogs are both doing the job, then they worth taking the chance on IMHO ?

Think len could be like myself in that he only likes wheaten in his wheaten xs, I also like there to be only bull in my bull xs, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with mixing it up a bit like your own dog and could possibly make better animals. ?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Not being picky DC just know the type I like, don’t doubt the bull crosses just not my type. In my own experience on half crosses the wheaten came lighter on the foot than the bulls, and I like the big coats on them too. But that’s only the ones I’ve been around. 

I hear you on the feet side len?

On 23/12/2019 at 18:26, dogmandont said:

Think len could be like myself in that he only likes wheaten in his wheaten xs, I also like there to be only bull in my bull xs, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with mixing it up a bit like your own dog and could possibly make better animals. ?

The Irish is a nicer animal to me

• Like 1
On 03/01/2020 at 21:53, Say again said:

I'm planning on a litter this year. Got a 1st X wheaten greyhound. Got choice of a track greyhound and a saluki coursing type but not sure which way to go. Also theres a non ped I can use but worried they will end up to small 

Only seeing this now, go with greyhound. Pleasssssssssseeeeee . And good luck with the mating. Too much other breeding in it if ya go shitluki Lolol keep the good old fashioned wheaten grey. Lol

• Like 4