Family history.

For the last number of years i have been tracing my family history. 

I managed to go back as far as 1720 on my mother's side, with documented proof, and the 1700s on my father's side.

Has anyone tryed this and if so how far back did you go.

Atb j 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gone back nearly 60 years and found me dad ???

I wouldn’t know, Scotland Yard have all the pictures of my mob ! Lol lol 

I think so. But from your point of view it is better to tell your mates that you are descended from heroic  ice-age hunter-gatherers rather than some wop waiter from Benidorm.

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, jetro said:

For the last number of years i have been tracing my family history. 

I managed to go back as far as 1720 on my mother's side, with documented proof, and the 1700s on my father's side.

Has anyone tryed this and if so how far back did you go.

Atb j 

Im sure wilf said he went back a 1000 years.

Did get back to 1646 if I could prove the next bit it might take me back to 1349. Got really lucky some body had a family bible with lots of info. Just got this gap never been able to get the link as it is a well known family of north Devon. We didn't get far in all them years just crossed Dartmoor.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, king said:

Im sure wilf said he went back a 1000 years.

That was only a DNA test not a family tree mate.

Someone did a family tree but I have never seen it all, only parts of it and they didn’t get back as far as Jetros.

1 minute ago, WILF said:

That was only a DNA test not a family tree mate.

Someone did a family tree but I have never seen it all, only parts of it and they didn’t get back as far as Jetros.

Ah my mistake wilf.

It must be good looking back at old pics of family past 

1 minute ago, king said:

Ah my mistake wilf.

It must be good looking back at old pics of family past 

I wouldn’t know, Scotland Yard have all the pictures of my mob ! Lol lol 

• Haha 6
5 minutes ago, Arry said:

Did one of those DNA things  came out English 79.5% Irish, Scottish and Welsh 15.6% and what I have taken loads of stick for Iberian 4.9%.

Cheers Arry

How accurate do you think they really are Arry, was thinking of taking one if those. 

Atb j 

6 minutes ago, jetro said:

How accurate do you think they really are Arry, was thinking of taking one if those. 

Atb j 

Don't know mate really it was a present so had to do it. But they still keep getting back to find out if I want to know health pro's and con's, of coarse they would want more money. Think I'll leave that one, bad enough now worrying about aches and pains without them putting things in my head. lol. Think they must have more info though if they are offering that.

Cheers Arry 

• Like 1

My dad as a book someone of the same surname did of our surnames history going back to the 15/16 hundredths .. never read it so couldn't say what's in it .. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Arry said:

Did one of those DNA things  came out English 79.5% Irish, Scottish and Welsh 15.6% and what I have taken loads of stick for Iberian 4.9%.

Cheers Arry

My Mrs took the right piss, I had always had a laugh with her for years about how she was a paddy and I was 100% English etc etc ......so when it came back it was amazingly enough exactly 60/40 

60% from the area of southern England that I had always lived in and 40% from the Cork area of Ireland ! 
My wife was a 3 way split, Ireland, Scotland and Scandinavia, the smallest part being Scandinavia.

Its proper interesting stuff mate 

• Like 2