Liverpool

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Easy starting a topic about your club when they’re sitting top. Takes a real man to keep a thread going to over eighty pages for the 52nd best club in the country. Ahhh, now that’s Bisto ?

Klopp out ..     Been saying it for weeks now  Henderson and Milne .let's gone   Salah over the hill   Firmino teeth too white    Mane what the fuks going

I think plenty of chaps of my/our generation will be quite pleased that the big team when we was all young are back on top......i always said id love to of been a Liverpool fan but you cant just choos

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, Astanley said:

The thing about Robbie was,great as he undoubtedly was ,he wasn't a natural athlete ..still God thou

I  think him and collymore partnership was up there with the best of them and the games against Newcastle was always a good match even for the neutrals 

Edited by Blackmag
  • Like 2
14 minutes ago, Astanley said:

The thing about Robbie was,great as he undoubtedly was ,he wasn't a natural athlete ..still God though 

Very true mate......my hero growing up tbh so I’m probably a bit blinkered lol but I like to think he could of forced his way into klopps squad at least with the right help/guidance 

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Stoney100 said:

Very true mate......my hero growing up tbh so I’m probably a bit blinkered lol but I like to think he could of forced his way into klopps squad at least with the right help/guidance 

At his peak he would fit in seamlessly ,,but I reckon a season or two at today's intensity would kill him ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
34 minutes ago, Astanley said:

The thing about Robbie was,great as he undoubtedly was ,he wasn't a natural athlete ..still God though 

I agree with that and its sport in general in my opinion.....how many fighters around today are not much more than fitness fanatics who can box a little bit....sports science has changed more than it bargained for,to a point where it enables agility and athleticsm to override talent and ability........Fowler had a great football brain,a beautiful strike of a football and lovely touch.....he should be able to play in any generation so from a purist point of view not all progress is good progress.

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

I agree with that and its sport in general in my opinion.....how many fighters around today are not much more than fitness fanatics who can box a little bit....sports science has changed more than it bargained for,to a point where it enables agility and athleticsm to override talent and ability........Fowler had a great football brain,a beautiful strike of a football and lovely touch.....he should be able to play in any generation so from a purist point of view not all progress is good progress.

I agree mate, rule changes have enabled players to become superstars in today’s game that wouldn’t have got into yesterday’s teams because they just wouldn’t have been physically robust enough.

• Like 1

I’ve always supported liverpool, from a kid till now.....I’ve only been to anfield about 8 times tho so certainly no hardcore fan lol

The second game I ever went to was just after Fowler returned against Man City and when he came on as sub was a moment I’ll never ever forget......anfield absolutely f***ing erupted!! 

When he got sold to Leeds it was a shitter for everyone, no one could understand why or how such a player was allowed to just walk out the door to Leeds......it got so bad for him that he even wanted to leave and it did hurt all the fans imo.......especially when it was f***ing heskey who took his place!

2 minutes ago, Stoney100 said:

I’ve always supported liverpool, from a kid till now.....I’ve only been to anfield about 8 times tho so certainly no hardcore fan lol

The second game I ever went to was just after Fowler returned against Man City and when he came on as sub was a moment I’ll never ever forget......anfield absolutely f***ing erupted!! 

When he got sold to Leeds it was a shitter for everyone, no one could understand why or how such a player was allowed to just walk out the door to Leeds......it got so bad for him that he even wanted to leave and it did hurt all the fans imo.......especially when it was f***ing heskey who took his place!

I think Liverpool made so many mistakes with players that could have made a big difference it’s just not true.

Look at Owen, they played him to death......he was an injury prone player anyway, genetically pre disposed to the problems he had but they just kept playing him and playing him.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, WILF said:

I think Liverpool made so many mistakes with players that could have made a big difference it’s just not true.

Look at Owen, they played him to death......he was an injury prone player anyway, genetically pre disposed to the problems he had but they just kept playing him and playing him.

Was he injury prone or was it just a case of too much too young....a young body just cant go through them stresses at such a young age with no adverse effects i half expected Rooney to go the same way and fade out a little bit but he was a much tougher physical specimen than Owen

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, sid g said:

i read in a book not sure if it was  fowlers autobiography that he did`nt  get on with  houllier and was`nt getting enough first team football --- once at leeds he did`nt want to leave and join man city but at the time leeds were a sinking ship ...  did he not rejoin liverpool later on  for a couple of seasons ?  i read these books and enjoy them at the time but can i fook remember what i`ve read ... 

Yes mate.....the city game I’m on about was in his second spell after we had brought him back from city.....the whole of anfield was in its feet and even the city fans gave him a cheer.....houllier had just done good things with France and was thought of as one of the best managers around at the time and when he came to anfield he changed something that didn’t need changing as much as did.

klopp has embraced himself in Liverpool’s history and wants to be as big a part of it as shankly himself.....I honestly think they will have to carry him out in a box before he will leave on his accord as he loves the place so much. 

And not just with Liverpool......when he left Mainz and Dortmund fans/players/the board etc were all devastated and crying their eyes out! It’s what he does and who he is and that’s what makes him special imo......look how a manager like mourinho can just leave united like he has never been there lol

only time will tell but it’s a pretty good journey so far and i for one am loving it regardless of if he wins trophy’s or not because it’s clear to see what he can do and what he is building!

41 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Was he injury prone or was it just a case of too much too young....a young body just cant go through them stresses at such a young age with no adverse effects i half expected Rooney to go the same way and fade out a little bit but he was a much tougher physical specimen than Owen

It was both imho mate, you are exactly right.....it’s too much for a young body.

You would be more up on muscle groups and their workings than I ever would, but I’m guessing a sprinters muscles & tendons get put under massive explosive stress all the time.? 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, WILF said:

I think most of the teams did  round that time wilf  shearer being a prime example of it  just think  how his record would look if he stayed fit or how many big players still travelled to major tournament injured or players like Paul McGrath or ledley king who couldn't train properly  but would still get a game on a Saturday wouldn't or couldn't happen today with just the pace of it as you all say the games moved on so much these last ten twenty years 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, WILF said:

It was both imho mate, you are exactly right.....it’s too much for a young body.

You would be more up on muscle groups and their workings than I ever would, but I’m guessing a sprinters muscles & tendons get put under massive explosive stress all the time.? 

Putting stress on joints and nervous systems that havent fully developed yet can never be a good thing mate.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Putting stress on joints and nervous systems that havent fully developed yet can never be a good thing mate.

You going Chelsea or down your local club mate ?