Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
fazza123

Night vision

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, fazza123 said:

You could be right there mate. Youd of thought theyd of made a 38s if they're going to do a 30s.

I'd prefer to get one off Ian but unfortunately he doesn't do finance, uttings it's only 110 quid more over 2 years which isnt too bad. I'll ring them tomorrow and see what the crack is.

scottcountry do finance mate pay half and the other half over 12 months with no extra on top 👍

they’ve discontinued the axion 38 as it was the same price as the helion 38 and no where as good so they brought out the 30s atb B.B. 

Edited by bunnyboiler
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

15 hours ago, bunnyboiler said:

Strange that mate I wonder if they’re having trouble shifting the 30 and are holding back on the 38 and dropping the price on the 30 to shift them could try and pm Ian Blackwood on here he’s pretty clued up on these things 

 

15 hours ago, fazza123 said:

You could be right there mate. Youd of thought theyd of made a 38s if they're going to do a 30s.

I'd prefer to get one off Ian but unfortunately he doesn't do finance, uttings it's only 110 quid more over 2 years which isnt too bad. I'll ring them tomorrow and see what the crack is.

Apparently these changes are due to a supply issue with the screens they have been using, so they’ve stopped the xm30 and xm38 for now and are only making xm30’key’ and xm30’S’, the 30’S’ will have a screen from a new supplier. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, fursty said:

 

Apparently these changes are due to a supply issue with the screens they have been using, so they’ve stopped the xm30 and xm38 for now and are only making xm30’key’ and xm30’S’, the 30’S’ will have a screen from a new supplier. 

I was told the 38 wasn’t selling as it’s the same price as the helion 38 and no where near as good 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, bunnyboiler said:

I was told the 38 wasn’t selling as it’s the same price as the helion 38 and no where near as good 

B.B your going to end up making me get an XP 50 at this rate 🤣 

 

Must admit given a choice I'd have the binos that you have, I like the idea of them more than the single lens.

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, fazza123 said:

B.B your going to end up making me get an XP 50 at this rate 🤣 

 

Must admit given a choice I'd have the binos that you have, I like the idea of them more than the single lens.

Where about are you mate I’m based in the midlands your more than welcome to have a look out with them and I’ll bring the xq50 as well Atb B.B. 

ill be honest from what I’ve seen if you go for anything less than any 38 your wasting your money 

Edited by bunnyboiler
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post

Me and BB go out together maybe once a week together and his 50 is a better image than my xq38 but the 38 more than good enough for what most need if not much price difference between the two id spend that little extra but when I got mine the difference was about half the price or just a little more. Suppose it’s just what you get used to, If you have had good from the start you won’t want anything less but if it’s your first you may be happy with what you get just don’t look through anything better or you’ll be left wanting more 😂

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, bunnyboiler said:

I was told the 38 wasn’t selling as it’s the same price as the helion 38 and no where near as good 

Could be the case I guess. I read on the night vision forum that it’s to do with the screen supply issue, but that could just be the marketing story...

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, bunnyboiler said:

Where about are you mate I’m based in the midlands your more than welcome to have a look out with them and I’ll bring the xq50 as well Atb B.B. 

ill be honest from what I’ve seen if you go for anything less than any 38 your wasting your money 

Thanks alot for the offer, I'm PM you tonight mate. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, fazza123 said:

Thanks alot for the offer, I'm PM you tonight mate. 

You’ll get spoilt, you can have a look through my 38 if you want while having a mooch at the 50 with BB. My guess is you will want the xp 50 after looking through them both but then you will go for the 38 as I looked and it’s still morealess half the price so it would be a no brainier for me as the 38 is still quality although mine has seen some graft over the last few years so it has been dropped a few times and stuff. In fact me and BB was out this week and I ended up to my neck in water in a dyke either side of a walkway through into a next field 🤣🤣. Lamp and battery, thermal, I phone and gps handset all on me but got out and all fine. Done it last season in a different spot but only waist deep that time so I’d decided to put a spare set of clothes in the jeep only a week before. 😂. Could have been driving home starkers 😂.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 04/10/2019 at 13:22, Igz said:

You’ll get spoilt, you can have a look through my 38 if you want while having a mooch at the 50 with BB. My guess is you will want the xp 50 after looking through them both but then you will go for the 38 as I looked and it’s still morealess half the price so it would be a no brainier for me as the 38 is still quality although mine has seen some graft over the last few years so it has been dropped a few times and stuff. In fact me and BB was out this week and I ended up to my neck in water in a dyke either side of a walkway through into a next field 🤣🤣. Lamp and battery, thermal, I phone and gps handset all on me but got out and all fine. Done it last season in a different spot but only waist deep that time so I’d decided to put a spare set of clothes in the jeep only a week before. 😂. Could have been driving home starkers 😂.

What do you use the gps for mate? 

Share this post


Link to post

Mainly use it in the day mate but if I’m going to new ground that me and the dogs are not familiar with and depending what we’re running then I put the collars on lamping. Helps with marking where the bus is so we can just walk and I get back no problems. Atb Igz

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Igz said:

Mainly use it in the day mate but if I’m going to new ground that me and the dogs are not familiar with and depending what we’re running then I put the collars on lamping. Helps with marking where the bus is so we can just walk and I get back no problems. Atb Igz

you know how you said you use your 38 and bb's 50, do you find it easier spotting with your as yours has a lower magnification? and do you think the 30 key would be better still with 2.5x mag so you'd get a better field of view? im trying to decide what i really need going lamping with the mut, surly spotting your quarry with so the 30key would be good enough and better to gauge the distance it is away from you with2.5mag? or is the picture quality the be and end all??? cheers

Share this post


Link to post
On 03/10/2019 at 21:51, sandymere said:

Anyone tried the flir scout? 

Yes ps 32 dose the job very simple to yous 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...