BRICKWORK PRICE ,DAYWORK ????????

Ive never lost 4 months,never will,prob lost a,week due to weather last year.mild winters nowadays.its the hours too,some other jobs are 7.30 to 5.30 with 2 sats a month for shit money,so at the min brickies are on a roll,but the new housing estates brickwork is shit,half of them could,nt  lay a brick in a barrow.

• Like 4

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been in the building trade all my life and half prices you hear that blokes reckon theyre getting is a load of old bollocks.All these blokes clearing a grand a week but never seem to have f**k all.Did

It’s about averaging it out mate when your rained off for 4 months a year a bag of sand a week is not so great, the building trade has given me a living and f****d my body up nothing more and nothing

you lads have hit the nail on the head in the lat few posts, its a hard job and takes its toll on you physically and mentally... when its good its really good and you basically name your price bu

Posted Images

you lads have hit the nail on the head in the lat few posts, its a hard job and takes its toll on you physically and mentally...

when its good its really good and you basically name your price but when its shit its the worst job in the world!

the brick barons have ruined the trade, gone are the days of two gangs on a site that could be trusted and left to just crack on.. its all about smash it up now, no one gives a fcuk about quality!

I stoped building plots a few years back and souly do footings direct for the Civils companies as theres no waiting on scaffold and forklifts the lads in the 360's will get everything we need!

when you work for a baron they take a big slice off you and think they own you.. all you get is when you gonna be finished when do you want scaffold, ive lost count of how many managers ive told to fcukoff... I'm 46 me bodys about shagged, got 6 years till the youngest leaves school then im gonna have a serious re think about the work life balance:hmm:

• Like 6
1 hour ago, NEWKID said:

Your right there mate regards trades and difference in rates..

I remember 15 years ago or so the brickies were struggling to get any decent rates they were on £90-£100 a day on day rates, if we went on day rates at that time we were on £150 to £175 a day... it just didn't stack up...chippies, sparkies, plumbers etc were all.on closer to £200 a day...

We very rarely went on day rates, always price...but the brickies were struggling all round on rates...

I'm glad for them its coming into line a bit now, there is a real demand for decent trowels, even shit trowels are in demand lol... I know before a lot had to build the money up with privates on the weekends, those are bonus jobs now and not the necessity 

When we opened the floodgates to the eu and dog rough shite brickies were flooding into the uk the rates went down as low as £60 a day for a while it’s like any other supply and demand market, just no one comes on line and starts blowing there trumpet when joe the pole takes there jobs or offers to work for less than Maccy D money’s, folk only shout loud when there doing well, I was on site plastering when Harry Enfield brought out this the market was flooded with idiots changing profession that done a course and thought they were going to be rich, never happened, same thing happened when a national newspaper put a story out that plumbers were on a million a year, if I could give any advice it would be to look after what you get during the good times as they won’t last and the bad times will soon be along, that’s why every uk brickie and spread ended up sleeping in a shithole in Germany when the big crash came and be assured it will come again 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Greyman said:

When we opened the floodgates to the eu and dog rough shite brickies were flooding into the uk the rates went down as low as £60 a day for a while it’s like any other supply and demand market, just no one comes on line and starts blowing there trumpet when joe the pole takes there jobs or offers to work for less than Maccy D money’s, folk only shout loud when there doing well, I was on site plastering when Harry Enfield brought out this the market was flooded with idiots changing profession that done a course and thought they were going to be rich, never happened, same thing happened when a national newspaper put a story out that plumbers were on a million a year, if I could give any advice it would be to look after what you get during the good times as they won’t last and the bad times will soon be along, that’s why every uk brickie and spread ended up sleeping in a shithole in Germany when the big crash came and be assured it will come again 

Sensible advice, and wise words, easy come, easy go, is not good  financial advice, always plan for that rainy day, slack period, nothing great last for ever! But hey ho age is a great advantage, I was a twat at 30, and only look back with regret! 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, waltjnr said:

Sensible advice, and wise words, easy come, easy go, is not good  financial advice, always plan for that rainy day, slack period, nothing great last for ever! But hey ho age is a great advantage, I was a twat at 30, and only look back with regret! 

Your still a twat. :whistling:

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
22 hours ago, si brown said:

you lads have hit the nail on the head in the lat few posts, its a hard job and takes its toll on you physically and mentally...

when its good its really good and you basically name your price but when its shit its the worst job in the world!

the brick barons have ruined the trade, gone are the days of two gangs on a site that could be trusted and left to just crack on.. its all about smash it up now, no one gives a fcuk about quality!

I stoped building plots a few years back and souly do footings direct for the Civils companies as theres no waiting on scaffold and forklifts the lads in the 360's will get everything we need!

when you work for a baron they take a big slice off you and think they own you.. all you get is when you gonna be finished when do you want scaffold, ive lost count of how many managers ive told to fcukoff... I'm 46 me bodys about shagged, got 6 years till the youngest leaves school then im gonna have a serious re think about the work life balance:hmm:

Same as that mate,you get so used to having to get 5days in,if not 6 chasing work,im 50 oct and getting fed up with it phones non,stop,the young boys are basically useless,i can operate a 360,but after bieng on ya toes with bricks etc i could,nt sit down allday it goes against your mind set for the last 35yrs

• Like 3