David platts

14 minutes ago, my hounds said:

Phil with my own interest at what height tts were these two dogs?(first crosses)

Hi,..the bitch on the left was around  26" at the shoulder and her son, on the left , made around 28"...

The bitch came from a first cross Greyhound/Deerhound, which had been mated to a Collie /Greyhound Sire 

However, to produce her son, I used her uncle, a genuine first cross Greyhound /Deerhound, over her.

So, both had some small amount of sheepdog blood in them,...which I personally found to be, no bad thing at all...?

scan0093.jpg

• Like 5

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bred several litters in the 1980s/1990s,..we worked them most nights,... Straight cross twixt Ardkinglas Deerhound and Irish Coursing Greyhounds.. The next cross,  back to the Greyhound was

he looks a happy chap

It's right to remember good old times, and good old boys... I have travelled, all the way up one side of Scotland, and come back down the other...  As you know, nothing much beats the place

Posted Images

54 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Fuucking lookers you two aye? ?

I'd take a bitch of that breeding ;)

yep.....that would be my choice ...might get something closer to the greyhound in height ....around the 26 ish and 60-65 lbs....just the ticket....

On 31/08/2019 at 16:06, Daniel cain said:

lads I know was there few weeks back picking up their pups?

IMG-20190722-WA0001.jpg

Saw Dave Platts at a localish country fair the other week, and he had that dog "finnegan" with him.... Lovely looking animal when I ran my hands over him, while Platts was in conversation ?but just too big and heavy for my liking. In agreement with Tomo... 3/4 bred would IMHO a better choice 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, breeze said:

Saw Dave Platts at a localish country fair the other week, and he had that dog "finnegan" with him.... Lovely looking animal when I ran my hands over him, while Platts was in conversation ?but just too big and heavy for my liking. In agreement with Tomo... 3/4 bred would IMHO a better choice 

shame max aint got a grey bitch that's sister to that marathon dog he had.....whats its name half brother to England expects.....

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, breeze said:

Tomo... Razzamataz ? The Sire to Birds bear of a thing dog. Think Max has only had decent "dog" racers and not bitches ?

no raz was expects full brother I believe .....

no it was another dog max owned .....we had a run with it down here.....cant remember its bloody name....

he ran it in a few big 800 plus races I think....but max reconed it would be better over even longer ....but there arnt any races that long....

aint you got a handy grey bitch breeze....