FAC conversion dilemma

I quite understand your feeling towards a .177 at 50m but a great many of the guys on here will take rabbits at that range but as you said, it is a matter of personal preference. I am a huge fan of fac air rifles and use them 95% of the time I am out hunting. With some off the FX rifles, there is a power level control so you can wind down the power should you deem it necessary, for example, my FX Impact will wind down from 47 fpe to 26fpe at the turn of a knob but I think way more than you want to pay from your earlier comment.

You are only in South Yorks so if you want to pop over to Scunthorpe at my rfd, he has a 25 mt range and you can have a crack with mine and possibly any s/h fac air rifles he has available.

Phil

• Like 2

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No I bloody well will not , more chance of me turning into a  fcuking gay paki  c**t

Nothing wrong with 177 this was taken out with a hw100 at 72yrds head shot and good night lights out sub 12 i may add

The hw100 does not perform that good at fac levels, my advice would be keep it sub 12, or sell it & buy something more suitable to fac levels

Posted Images

13 hours ago, Eradic8r said:

As a professional pest controller I've never been convinced of the knock down power of .177. I know I know I've opened the can of worms again but that's just me. No-one would snipe with a 50 cal if a 338 Lap Mag was better. Hey it's a free country lol

Nothing wrong with 177

this was taken out with a hw100 at 72yrds

head shot and good night lights out

sub 12 i may add

IMG_20190712_213354.jpg

IMG_20190712_213433.jpg

• Like 4
13 hours ago, Furrosious ferreter said:

What zero are you at with that?

what magnifacation do you use?

and how many mildots hold over are you?

FF

FF... I use the mtc viper pro, and dial in the range so all shots are with central crosshairs no holdover/hold under, magnification anywhere between 7x-15x....

I`ve never been one to push my boundaries with a sub 12 ft/lb rifle, always keeping as close as possible to any quarry as I can and still do.

However, after some conversations with forum members I was persuaded to push out to 50 yards plus, if required and now I will do so in the right weather conditions.

I work with the lightweight JSB Exact Express 7.87, 4.52

This was a 53 yard head shot, just the other evening, with a TX 200, instant lights out.IMG_1354.jpg.968171219e329ff954e0740dac6d5b1f.jpg

As said, once your rifle is calibrated correctly and you know your mill dots, - with plenty of practice, 50 yard shots with sub 12 ft/lb rifles is well within reach but plenty of practice is a must do.

Good luck and welcome to the forum Mr E.  :good:

Mark.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, mark williams said:

Which gun are you treating yourself to Phil if I may ask ? :hmm:

Just bought a Beretta 692 custom skeet gun for Trish (my wife), lets just rephrase that, I did the deal but as the pension doesnt run that far, she is paying ?

20190719_115843_zpsalkqhsm5.jpg

20190719_115851_zpslyi8v1fo.jpg

Phil

• Like 3

Yes I have had a few Berettas over the years which are as good as any other gun out there, better than most and have won me quite a bit of money over the years so this one joins my DT10 in the cabinet.

Sorry, I seem to have hijacked the thread somewhat.

Phil

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, villaman said:

This the Airgun section and not the bang , bang boys section , so let’s talk about air guns and not those shirt , noisy bang bag guns ?

It’s only a matter of time till you get one?

• Haha 2