FAC conversion dilemma

5 hours ago, pianoman said:

Ace shooting Mitch. But FAC air comes in differing levels of power output to powder burning .22 LR ammo. But if you have the skills and the rifle and pellet you shoot with are up to the task, knock yourself out. Each to his capabilities mate. 

Never shot with FAC .25. Sounds devastating on rabbits at decent ranges. 

Best regards 

Simon.

Simon ,  slugs are a game changer in FAC , specially in higher power guns , that’s for sure . Times have moved on since 24-30 ftlbs airguns , now we have guns in .22 reaching 65 + ftlbs  . Brings another dimension to our sport  

.22 lr at 100 yards is one milldot hold over , .22 fac air 100 yard is  just under one mildot  And I mean just under one mildot @ 100 yards  

• Like 1

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No I bloody well will not , more chance of me turning into a  fcuking gay paki  c**t

Nothing wrong with 177 this was taken out with a hw100 at 72yrds head shot and good night lights out sub 12 i may add

The hw100 does not perform that good at fac levels, my advice would be keep it sub 12, or sell it & buy something more suitable to fac levels

Posted Images

Simon, perhaps this summer, I can bring over my Impact .25 for you to have a crack on the bunnies and judge for yourself what these guns are like.  I have not tried any slugs as yet but no doubt will do so in time and whilst all my information on using slugs is from the youtube / Airgun 101, it seems that these are as Mitch says, a total game changer in terms of accuracy at greater ranges than we are able to even dream of using pellets.

You are the best shot I have ever seen Simon so I would love to see how you go on with my gun and it's 47fpe.

Phil

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, villaman said:

Phil , my shooting partner just installed a plenum, external kit , it has pushed it up to mid to high 50’sftlbs using 25.4 gr and only on135 on reg pressure 

Sounds good Mitch, he has done the work himself, a bit more brave than me. I watched the tack on youtube and thought ..................not me, I am scared to death about taking rifles apart as they would never go back together.     When you say 'external kit', is that different to the plenum now fitted to the latest Mk2.

Phil

45 minutes ago, si brown said:

is that the one that screws into the reg pressure gauge Mitch, saw some yank yesterday saying that there only $30 over there

Yes Si but in the kits we have , you don’t only get the plenum but transfer port , redesigned pellet probe , heavier hammer weight plus spring guide  , valve housing and O rings and a lighter bank account ?

53 minutes ago, si brown said:

is that the one that screws into the reg pressure gauge Mitch, saw some yank yesterday saying that there only $30 over there

Might be $30 but £300 for a return flight , loss of wages £500 on whores and coke 

when do you fancy going :laugh:

15 minutes ago, villaman said:

Yes Si but in the kits we have , you don’t only get the plenum but transfer port , redesigned pellet probe , heavier hammer weight plus spring guide  , valve housing and O rings and a lighter bank account ?

it'll be interesting to see what all the extra stuff brings to the party!

ill have a punt at the cheap plenum and take it from there