4 minutes ago, rabbitman1234567 said:

Is a greyhound collie x greyhound collie  a 1st cross  or a 3/4  cross collie  greyhound

it's a half cross as I see it. 

• Like 1

Depends if it's stuff that's been bred for years then other stuff may have been added way back unless your buying off handcock you don't know really as I see it. The one way to be sure is breed one yourself from the start 👍

• Like 1

second generation 1/2 cross to me if you know both parents are genuine 1/2 crosses

• Like 9

DNA test would help wouldn’t it, get them on tinternet 

2nd generation half cross to me still half greyhound half collie but if the collie was the sire on both sides first generation line bred just to throw a spanner in the works 

Just now, rabbitman1234567 said:

Is £400 right for a collie greyhound pup

Yeah if you smoke crack

• Haha 6

For me £150 to £200 is a fair price for a lurcher £250 if it's something that you really want. That's just my opinion 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Saltmoon said:

For me £150 to £200 is a fair price for a lurcher £250 if it's something that you really want. That's just my opinion 

Pretty much bang on- my thinking as well. 

1 hour ago, rabbitman1234567 said:

Is £400 right for a collie greyhound pup

For 400 I would want them skinned and dressed I have noticed you ask a lot of questions which is good if your just starting out just look at what you want in a lurcher the ground your running what quarry and numbers just look for what the parents grand parents etc are or have done do your home work thats half the battle oh and it's seen nothing usually means it's been spoilt or jacked get yourself a pup and bring it up on what you want it to do 

Edited by Blackmag
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, nothernlite said:

Gifted even better 

thats true  mate,  £ 150  enough for a lurcher , and  regards collie i wouldn't  have more than a 1/4 in the mix  , drop of collie or beddy , whippet, back to greyhound ,  what i get anyway.  you wont beat lurcher x lurcher   as a all rounder  for most quarry .

• Like 4