Sign in to follow this  
ryaldinhio

She's finally here!

40 minutes ago, ryaldinhio said:

I spent a long time reading and researching different mixes and breeds. Spoke to a few on here over PM about theirs to get some more info. 

99% of what I plan on doing will be bunnies either ferreting or lamping/mooching so was looking whippet and beddy whip but then I fancied summat that could have a go at the other 1%.

Spoke to a few different lads with litters but got things from 'be ready at 5-6wks' or even as far as 'mother isn't here anymore' so didn't bother looking.

Then a chap on here put me onto em. He had grandsire and also the mother's sibling I think. Right mix for what I wanted and speaking to the lad I knew he was right with em. Went down to see em and had a few hours there, his uncle had the sire to litter so he brought him round aswell for me to see. Left money there and then. 

Been keeping me updated wi progress and kept her with mother till 9weeks, most are rushing to get rid.

Tried my best to stack the odds in my favour, now it's down to me to make it into a proper dog!

I'm sure you will ry and best of luck look forward to reading about her progress 

• Like 1

Mentioned this in a previous thread but for me getting a pup was crucial rather than an older dog, the early days bonding time is absolutely crucial IMO. When you form a relationship with a dog it is a different level.

She has had half hour mad dash round garden, now bonding time sat on back step listening to the owls and different sounds.

IMG-20190706-WA0036.jpg

• Like 9

Cracking looking pup mate, and a very handy mix...as others have said fair play for putting the effort in, too many never do...

Good luck with your new companion...

• Like 2

She seems to have settled really quickly compared to previous dogs. Bit of crying when she first went to bed but not for long. Her whole body language is that of a happy relaxed dog aswell. Very happy with her so far.

The lab isn't impressed but is getting better. Will be Bessie mates with time no doubt.

Back legs like a kangaroo  , should be a fast one when she's grown!

IMG-20190707-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20190707-WA0004.jpg

• Like 3

16 hours ago, ryaldinhio said:

Mentioned this in a previous thread but for me getting a pup was crucial rather than an older dog, the early days bonding time is absolutely crucial IMO. When you form a relationship with a dog it is a different level.

She has had half hour mad dash round garden, now bonding time sat on back step listening to the owls and different sounds.

IMG-20190706-WA0036.jpg

Well done mate, that's the way to do it.

Cheers, D.

• Like 1

Best of luck, sounds a great mix. Seriously looking at a litter here at the moment, sire is out of a beddy/ grey and beddy whippet cross, dam is a full whippet.they looking great pup's.

• Like 1

Looks like she has settled in well mate good luck for the future with her pal hope you both make some good memories pal atb longers01 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, longers01 said:

Looks like she has settled in well mate good luck for the future with her pal hope you both make some good memories pal atb longers01 

Struggling a bit to be honest mixing with our other dogs. The lab didn't like her and is coming round but one of the terriors has had a couple goes at her today so having to manage that closely. Just another hurdle! We will get there.

I no what you mean mate that’s part of introducing a new dog into your pack but give um time pal and hopefully they will except her mate only time will tell mate buggers them terriers like hope it all comes good pal atb longers01