• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is a pie of my own, call it Chicken Pie Cheat. It's so easy but taste really lovely. Some chicken thighs skined and chopped into cubes, fried off(could use breasts) one medium onion diced and fri

Asked for gravey on me pie n mash they told me I gotta go see a fella called Tony ? ???????

Aint you the chap who was in Tonys in Waltham Abbey the other week.....you need to sort your taste buds out...and for f**k sake dont tell him you thought it was Parsley Sauce ?

Posted Images

Just now, lurcherman 887 said:

Dont eat the eel myself but that green sauce is just parsley sauce like what youd have with cod. 

Lolol it was just a peasant dish that belongs back in the ww2 days,  that looks like the cod n parsley sauce gave somebody the 2 bob bits and vomited the remininance all over they’re dinner plate

On 21/06/2019 at 20:21, FLATTOP said:

I used to eat at Kelly’s pie and Mash in the Roman Road and there was one in Bethnal Green end as well both top draw Chrisp Street market at Poplar had a reasonable one think it was called Patterson’s I broke my record in there five pies five mash in one sitting bird behind the ramp called me a greedy b*****d lol, and when I was living in the East End there was a lovely one at Rathbone market opposite the Pub where the boxing training was upstairs I think Frank Bruno trained there Cue Gnasher you will know it.

Any of the East End lads remember the Saveloy Faggots and Pease pudding man, in the arcade in Chrisp Street market they used to serve it up in grease proof tracing paper it was unreal all gone now unfortunately.

And the Green stuff for the uninitiated is the liquid off of stewed Eels with some magic thrown in unbeatable with Chilli vinegar and white pepper. 

The Royal Oak was the boxing gym it was on the Barking Rd though not on Rathbone St... the pie shop you are thinking of was Ollies....dont know if you remember he used to have a parrot in the shop that would be constantly saying " gizza bit " ?....his daughter used to look gorgeous stood there with all blood down her nice white apron cutting the heads off the eels there was something quite sexy about it !.....the Raffy brings back a lot of childhood memories do you remember the Sarsaparilla stall ?....we used to call if the Raffy cough mixture....me and my brother used to nick bottles and keep them under our beds to sell at school i remember the ol man caught us and marched us down to old man Mr Moody to give them back,i remember them both explaining to us you dont ever steal off your own people and if your going out on the thieve get up the West End instead ?...then you had Murkoffs up the top that was my first ever encounter with Lemon Ice......hard times but proud times that left fond memories.

• Like 1