• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

now have to pay there tv licences say the bbc what a heartless bunch of c,,ts they are

I dare say the reason they are going after the over 75s is because they will be a largely law abiding and easy target , because the younger generation is leaving on mass . If your mum and dad fall int

It's a bloody shame the TV is all some old folk have. The old girl across the road who I keep an eye out for is 93 and watches TV all day. She has a carer come in every day but has got to pay for that

I dare say the reason they are going after the over 75s is because they will be a largely law abiding and easy target , because the younger generation is leaving on mass . If your mum and dad fall into this bracket, go around and tell them what they have to do to not pay the license fee . I haven’t renewed mine . I wrote a rambling letter to them explaining that I am now a tin foil hat  wearing looney tune , who is waiting for the second coming of Christ and I believe my TV is possessed. Whatever your angle , just don’t pay . They are a government propaganda machine , run by perverts /paedos and lefty toss pots . 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, walshie said:

That doesn't matter any more. You don;t need a licecne any more just because you have a tv. If you don't watch live tv you don't need one. You can use catchup (just not BBC iplayer) or netflix, nowtv, or amazon without one. I just told them to stick it last week.  Have a look at the tv licensing website, it spells it all out. I read 1000 people a day are cancelling. 

100% of convictions for using a tv without a licence have been due to people confessing they have been watching live TV, tell them you don't use it for live TV and not anyone from or representing the company to call again and there not allowed to call and hassle you..Detector vans were and still are a scare mongering tat tic and nothing more...

2 minutes ago, fireman said:

100% of convictions for using a tv without a licence have been due to people confessing they have been watching live TV, tell them you don't use it for live TV and not anyone from or representing the company to call again and there not allowed to call and hassle you..Detector vans were and still are a scare mongering tat tic and nothing more...

Detector vans were normally transit vans with a coat hanger aerial glued onto the roof. They have never been able to detect who's watching what.  I really won't be watching live TV as it's shit. The money saved on a licence pays for netflix and amazon.

I just canceled my direct debit and went to let them know on their online form that I don't watch BBC but looks like I'll have to do that bit tomorrow as it says I still have a direct debit set up. Shame on the BBC.  I only paid my licence to keep them off my back but this was the last straw. 

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Our team said:

The strangest  thing is only English occupied countries in the whole world have TV licenses  all the rest watch what we do and pay nothing. Bet they even get free sport  when we have to pay for the pleasure... 

damn right

canuck tv is shite, there is a channel showing brit tv but i dont watch it

but every premier league footy match is shown live over here.

3 tvs no license and i download what i want to watch

4 hours ago, Ted Newgent said:

damn right

canuck tv is shite, there is a channel showing brit tv but i dont watch it

but every premier league footy match is shown live over here.

3 tvs no license and i download what i want to watch

Don't you have trailer park boys on repeat over there?

• Haha 1