• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought it was a strange old fight,Joshuas demeanour before ,during and after the fight puzzled me ,only Joshua knows if he took the easy way out (and even be may not be sure) I will probably have t

this guy just beat Anthony Joshua and now I’m never going to the f***ing gym again.. pass me a steak bake and a pint this is gonna be my year 

You probably lifted lb's not kg's. Rusty just lifts shirts.

Posted Images

Don't know if this is correct, but watching a few interviews the last couple of hours, and it does seem as though joshua was suffering from concussion when he went into the fight. And looking back at it all now, that makes perfect sense

Always loads of stories following a big upset in Boxing. A few people also saying he was jet lagged , different time zone , rabbit  in the head lights fighting outside the UK for the first time etc etc and quite a few more saying he should not have fought outside the UK. lol.There was also excuses before the Brezeale,Parker and Povetkin fights saying he was poorly , Joshua lost , now to see how he comes back from it.Ruiz said before the fight he always wanted the Joshua fight because of his flaws and they where flaws he could capitalise on. As for the rematch Im not so sure,Hearn has said it's on , Joshua in the Phelps interview said the rematch was on and then said " If the journey ended today,I'd say oh well it's upsetting but I've still got a lot of positive things to come in the future " . No doubt Haymon will also be going over that contract with a fine tooth comb to get the best deal for Ruiz which will mean keeping the rematch over in America or trying to get out of it altogether. Just have to wait and see what happens now when the dust settles .If an immediate rematch does not happen, Hearn has two options, he could lobby the WBO to strip Ruiz of the belt as that mandatory is due,which would not surprise me in the least  , he also has the option of lobbying the WBO to defend the belt against Whyte who is the WBO mandatory .

Edited by MickC
42 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Don't know if this is correct, but watching a few interviews the last couple of hours, and it does seem as though joshua was suffering from concussion when he went into the fight. And looking back at it all now, that makes perfect sense

Excuses, excuses. He was gifted his first belt, fought an old man and barely won when Furey  schooled him. If klitscho had of pushed forward after knocking him then he would of won but was too cautious. He has been ducking Furey and wilder.  If he was injured he shouldn't have fought. Underestimated his opponent. Eddie ahearn will spread roumers to keep the cash cow alive. That fat Mexican can box and is well able to beat both Furey and wilder because he is strong and heavy and doesn't get bullied. He can push inside the long jab then release fast hands. Go watch the Parker fight. He was robbed and should still have a clean record. Reminds me of Rhonda Rousey an unbeatable hype train until she got a kick in the head by an average fighter.

12 minutes ago, MickC said:

Always loads of stories following a big upset in Boxing. A few people also saying he was jet lagged , different time zone , rabbit  in the head lights fighting outside the UK for the first time etc etc and quite a few more saying he should not have fought outside the UK. There was also excuses before the Brezeale,Parker and Povetkin fights saying he was poorly , Joshua lost now to see how he comes back from it.Ruiz said before the fight he always wanted the Joshua fight because of his flaws and they where flaws he could capitalise on. As for the rematch Im not so sure,Hearn has said it's on , Joshua in the Phelps interview said the rematch was on and then said " If the journey ended today,I'd say oh well it's upsetting but I've still got a lot of positive things to come in the future " . No doubt Haymon will also be going over that contract with a fine tooth comb to get the best deal for Ruiz which will mean keeping the rematch over in America or trying to get out of it altogether. Just have to wait and see what happens now when the dust settles .If an immediate rematch does not happen, Hearn has two options, he could lobby the WBO to strip Ruiz of the belt as that mandatory is due,which would not surprise me in the least  , he also has the option of lobbying the WBO to defend the belt against Whyte who is the WBO mandatory .

Travel sickness? What every other fighter has to deal with. It makes Fureys statement (I beat him in his own backyard relevant) He was beat hands down, no arguement and even if he was right he still would of got beat. Give the Mexican his snickers.

1 minute ago, shaaark said:

Lol here we go, fury the 'untouchable' who was put on his arse twice in the same fight by a guy that CAN'T box lol give over ffs lol

Got up and carried on fighting though.Didn't stand in his corner and quit though did he.

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Lol here we go, fury the 'untouchable' who was put on his arse twice in the same fight by a guy that CAN'T box lol give over ffs lol

Furey isn't good an wilder isn't either. The Mexican has fast hands  and could hurt them all. He will have a nice chunk of change now to give himself top class conditioning and training and who knows what he will do. I wonder how much dollars he collected last night?

20 minutes ago, downsouth said:

Got up and carried on fighting though.Didn't stand in his corner and quit though did he.

Before casting judgement, wait until the facts come out. EVERYONE has said joshua didn't look right at all going into the fight, the ring walk, the ring anouncements etc etc. And looking back at it, they're all correct, he was suffering with concussion following a sparring session.Joshua's father having a go at hearn in the ring etc, all makes sense. Hearn should've called the fight off. 

Edited by shaaark
26 minutes ago, jiggy said:

Travel sickness? What every other fighter has to deal with. It makes Fureys statement (I beat him in his own backyard relevant) He was beat hands down, no arguement and even if he was right he still would of got beat. Give the Mexican his snickers.

Joshua should have fought outside the UK earlier in his career like most other fighters do but Hearn and Joshua had it too good over here with sold out Stadiums and then tapping into the PPV market. Hearn was adamant ,why should we travel ? Joshua is the unified World Champion ! Then the Povetkin fight did not sell out and the PPV numbers where also down, plus the fact that they could not find an opponent for the Wembley slot in April. So the decision was made to fight at MSG in America and we know what happened then . 

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Watched it earlier, he's absolutely correct about wilder and fury

Wonder If he's also correct about the Nevada Testing and TUE ? Would explain a lot also. As for Joshua saying he didn't feel right in the sixth round he was more than likely suffering from concussion from the two knockdowns in the  third. 

Edited by MickC
  • Like 1
Just now, MickC said:

Wonder If he's also correct about the Nevada Testing and TUE ? Would explain a lot also. As for Joshua saying he didn't fell right in the sixth round he was more than likely suffering from concussion from the two knockdowns in the  third. 

I don't think any of us will know for a while yet mick, maybe never know. But all the stuff I've watched all morning, certainly does support the fact that he was suffering with concussion going into the fight

35 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Furey isn't good an wilder isn't either. The Mexican has fast hands  and could hurt them all. He will have a nice chunk of change now to give himself top class conditioning and training and who knows what he will do. I wonder how much dollars he collected last night?