4 hours ago, MickC said:

I would say you could also add poor stamina,predictability, poor head movement and not using his natural attributes to that list also Ray. Joshua also tires drastically when hes knocked down, he does get up but look at the difference when Ruiz got dropped to when Joshua went over. Ruiz got up guns blazing the complete opposite of Joshua . Joshua has also never improved under Mcracken a change is needed imo but only he can make that call however it was clear to see the lack of a game plan and Joshua had no answer to Ruiz’s style .

Yep mick true ,change of coach might help improve them things,but as you lack of wind and maybe he just carnt  change once he been hurt. I Ilke Aj I am fan , I really hope he can turn things around withere poss new coach try to get better wind,but who knows ?

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought it was a strange old fight,Joshuas demeanour before ,during and after the fight puzzled me ,only Joshua knows if he took the easy way out (and even be may not be sure) I will probably have t

this guy just beat Anthony Joshua and now I’m never going to the f***ing gym again.. pass me a steak bake and a pint this is gonna be my year 

You probably lifted lb's not kg's. Rusty just lifts shirts.

Posted Images

On 06/06/2019 at 11:14, Rusty_terrier said:

Anytime anybody loses everybody suggests time for a new coach. This a new fad or something its seems common now and is Ctually frowned upon where im from.

Not if you didnt think he was the right trainer from the start...McCracken did well with Froch based on Froch's strength,heart and engine but what else has he done with pro fighters ?

He's top knob at the poncey Institute of Sport in Sheffield..... which got him the Mbe and a guarantee of the biggest name in boxing because the " GB Boxing Team " must have something to show for the 20 million quids worth of Lottery funding !

On 06/06/2019 at 06:25, MickC said:

I would say you could also add poor stamina,predictability, poor head movement and not using his natural attributes to that list also Ray. Joshua also tires drastically when hes knocked down, he does get up but look at the difference when Ruiz got dropped to when Joshua went over. Ruiz got up guns blazing the complete opposite of Joshua . Joshua has also never improved under Mcracken a change is needed imo but only he can make that call however it was clear to see the lack of a game plan and Joshua had no answer to Ruiz’s style .

I agree Joshua as a boxer is still where he was 3 years ago.....but that doesnt matter he's a wonderful brand now isnt he !......forget the fast front foot combinations and head movement black lives matter and he's a great spokesperson sending a fine message out there for the development of troubled young black men.

As we are seeing with black sportsmen in this country sporting prowess is secondary these lads are being hijacked to serve political agendas......lads like Joshua,Raheem Sterling are now social icons first and sportsmen second.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

In general tho what's your opinion on folk shouting about fighters needing to switch coaches and gyms after a loss. Its thai boxing I'm around and hoping from gym to gym is frowned upon.  Maybe different in pro boxing.

Its not something i see any problem with in all honesty.....its not about loyalty its about getting the most from your talent.....so whatever it takes.

19 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

In general tho what's your opinion on folk shouting about fighters needing to switch coaches and gyms after a loss. Its thai boxing I'm around and hoping from gym to gym is frowned upon.  Maybe different in pro boxing.

WHAT.? You do thai boxing.you've never mentioned that before.

• Haha 2

I'm still going with joshua was dropped badly, sparring 8 days before the fight, and it was covered up. As a few people have said, money talks, and hearn, tv networks etc etc had far too much to lose. And yes, probably underestimated ruiz and thought he'd still beat him. 

He definitely wasn't right before the fight

1 minute ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Ginger bread at work when they tell him to stop deadlifting sides of beef

That gets to you don't it.live with it.

Jealousy is a terrible emotion.

And that clip has been up before on the steroid thread so your not even original.

200kg piece of piss to me.

Just now, W. Katchum said:

Stop it man in second pint an don’t drink, sneaked outside for a quick joint an this thread makes me wanna just go hame an chill out an laugh ? can I fight the winner? please, pretty please ?an ginger beard j deadlifted 160 today first attempt an I only weigh 86kg, gee me a few more weeks an I’ll smash ye 200 ?

I don't doubt it mate.200 aint that difficult.i reckon i could get around the 260 mark.

• Haha 1