They ought to open the Pits and get men working again , they will one day the Coal Fired Power stations have only been Mothballed  eff global warming  get the Blast Furnaces  Coked up and get the Steelmen Grafting too.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They were selling Underpants made in the Ukraine at the market today , but don’t buy any ... because Chernobyl fallout.....ba dum tish !!!

I am going to the wildlife photographer of the year exhibition today,one of the entrants is this,a fox photographed in an abandoned building in Chernobyl.  

That's just Hartlepool mate,nowt to do with the radiation ?

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I believe there are fish being caught with high levels of radiation from Fukushima but as you say best not to talk about it, there were sheep in Scotland contaminated when Chernobyl went up, I like yourself have worked with it, when I first left school done a couple of years in Berkeley power station and your right it is frightening though when it was a nationalised industry the wages certainly made up for the fact I glowed in the dark ??

I remember at the time (this is nearly 30 years ago) they were asking for volunteers for a shut down on Sellafield in Cumbria.......you got a whole years money for 1 weeks work !

It was because you got a whole years “safe” (lol) dose of radiation in that 1 week.

They were also looking for volunteers for Aldermarston ARF !

I told them to shove both up their arse ! 

• Like 1

A few quid and dead yea don't see the point. Sure if I asked mrs would she rather have me or money I know which she would choose. Yea ok maybe not the best example ?

Edited by terryd
  • Haha 3
1 minute ago, terryd said:

A few and dead yea don't see the point. Sure if I asked mrs would she rather have me or money I know which she would choose. Yea ok maybe not the best example ?

“.......I have packed your bag Terry, I hear Sellafield is nice this time of year.....don’t worry, I’ll water the plants.....BYE !” Lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
4 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Think there’s 7 in uk?

That’s really frightening in a country so small........the Ukraine is f***ing enormous and they thought they may have to evacuate the whole lot.......imagine if one of those things went boss eyed in little old Blighty ?

Edited by WILF
1 minute ago, delswal said:

Used to go ferreting near Hartlepool power station as a kid, often wondered why the rabbits had 3 eyes and 4 ears

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
8 hours ago, mackem said:

Think that's why I never gave it a second thought lol, most of the women on the estate looked similar lol

• Haha 1

When I worked in Berkeley the cooling water was drawn in from the river Severn and went through a massive grid, it was full of fish, salmon, bass ,mullet, flatties  and the odd sea trout non of it was edible as soon as it got on site ✌️

One of the worlds best arm wrestlers is a young Ukrainian lad who is supposedly a victim of the Chernobyl fallout he was born with 6 fingers on his left hand and had 2 amputated as a child but all the muscles/tendons etc remained and working his left arm is literally twice the size of his right.....he has beaten some of the biggest names in the sport left handed its proper X Men stuff....looking forward to watching this series.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1