50 pence in the back of the telly

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went to see Big Daddy wrestling at crowtree leisure centre in sunderland when I was a kid,i still remember some old doris hitting him with her handbag when he was against the ropes ? easy....easy...

Same as me and my brother ....our sister refereed because she was the oldest and could kick f**k out of both of us ?

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, kinkell said:

Who used to rent the telly and what was your favourite programs 

Still remember my mam opening the gas-meter when the gas ran out,yup rented the TV as well,we were poverty stricken fuckers back then ? and getting the lecky and gas cut off,and free school meals,but I was a kid so had no control over shit like that.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, mackem said:

Still remember my mam opening the gas-meter when the gas ran out,yup rented the TV as well,we were poverty stricken fuckers back then ? and getting the lecky and gas cut off,and free school meals,but I was a kid so had no control over shit like that.

Same here dad was a Brickie famine or feast  

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, mackem said:

We never had a coin in the slot meter, but I did see some who did have one. They'd be sitting there and suddenly the place would be plunged into darkness and there was a General scramble to see if anyone had a coin for the meter. What a bloody pantomime.  There was also a Redifusion  box on the wall to select tv or radio. Total crap. I was a young kid and had to sit there and watch ..The black and white minstrel show. And they Talk about child cruelty.  Perhaps I could have sued for damages.... mental cruelty. ???

49 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Did your school used to hand folk out a ticket for lunch every morning like a wee raffle ticket off a big roll and you had to give it to the lunch woman?

there was a ticket machine in the corridor outside the school  office . Those poverty stricken kids that got free dinners had to queue up outside the office and were handed out a ticket. The colour of the tickets changed daily.  Morning break was like a rugby scrum in that corridor and eventually one of the secretaries used to come round the classrooms in the morning.  The dinners were crap and I'd say the majority of kids brought their own sandwiches and drink which was eaten in the school hall.

42 minutes ago, wilbur foxhound said:

Aye,and we got a bottle of milk in the primary school with a straw

yep. In the winter the cream pushed the foil cap off and sometimes the birds pecked through the lids.  Really hygienic. ...gold top and silver top. No one bought the red top (skimmed ) it was like water. There might have been green and blue top but can't really remember.

41 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

We got a carton with  straw and when you were done you'd blow into the straw then jump on the carton and pop it. 

we had glass bottles but if we had cartons no doubt I would have been trying to make some sort of bomb out of them.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

I used to watch the equaliser,loved it,years later I used to see Edward woodward shopping in Shepperton and Walton high streets a few times a year till he passed away.But my favourite was always.....

2 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

I take your Sweeney,and raise you a Happy Days AND...………………………………………………

A Little House On The Prairie ?

• Like 2

The avengers.                                                  Man in a suitcase                                         the untouchables with Robert stack as Elliott ness

• Like 2