New estate car

On 04/08/2019 at 19:45, Jobi said:

The taxi home last night was an hybrid Auris estate, I liked the silence of the electric motor. Seen those Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV, look decent tbh and can get good MPG. It's a plug-in hybrid, how does all that work then? You have to have sockets fitted at home for the charging points? 

I know a guy with an electric BMW with outdoor wall socket to charge it. It costs about €1 per charge. Only problem is he had to get rid of his electric shower in bathroom to balance it out. Something to do with overloading power and he would have to pay commercial rates which are higher or put in an isolation switch. He is driving around eco friendly now but stinks of body odour because he has to wash in cold water ??? They are the future and improving all the time. I know another guy went electric and he claims it would tow better than a diesel. Who knows! You never see anybody calling their own car a piece of shit. I used to have the old type long wheel base Toyota Land Cruiser that was indestructible but only done 25 mile to the gallon. I had friends claiming they got 40 mile to the gallon out of theirs. ? Lying Cnuts.??

• Like 1

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The eagle has landed,lol...very pleased with my new wheels,some amount of Nick nacks in it,hopefully I get 4 more years with it trouble free

just bought a 2012 blue motion Passat estate full leather bells and whistles for my daughter for £800 quid, ex lease hire, loads of miles, no smoke no oil usage and pulls like a train years ticket and

There she is up the side of a mountain,nice interiors and style won't be a help with a smelly goat in the back,lol...

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, jiggy said:

I know a guy with an electric BMW with outdoor wall socket to charge it. It costs about €1 per charge. Only problem is he had to get rid of his electric shower in bathroom to balance it out. Something to do with overloading power and he would have to pay commercial rates which are higher or put in an isolation switch. He is driving around eco friendly now but stinks of body odour because he has to wash in cold water ??? They are the future and improving all the time. I know another guy went electric and he claims it would tow better than a diesel. Who knows! You never see anybody calling their own car a piece of shit. I used to have the old type long wheel base Toyota Land Cruiser that was indestructible but only done 25 mile to the gallon. I had friends claiming they got 40 mile to the gallon out of theirs. ? Lying Cnuts.??

Those little BMW's are rapid  I had one  leave me standing I was in the mrs  mini cooper S  and it's not slow...bit embarrassing if I'm honest :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, kanny said:

Those little BMW's are rapid  I had one  leave me standing I was in the mrs  mini cooper S  and it's not slow...bit embarrassing if I'm honest :laugh:

Did it sound like leaves rustling whirring past ???

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Jobi said:

Tell ya what that quietness was proper relaxing in that Auris. 

Unless your old Agnes crossing the road to do your shopping and she ends up stuck in the grill of one because she didn't hear it coming. I was nearly run over on bike by a Nigerian taxi driver this morning driving one when he came around corner on wrong side of the road. He was either looking for banana trees or the customers house but he certainly wasn't watching the road. If it had of been a big old smokey diesel chugging along I would of had more time to take evasive action.

• Haha 1
19 minutes ago, jiggy said:

Unless your old Agnes crossing the road to do your shopping and she ends up stuck in the grill of one because she didn't hear it coming. I was nearly run over on bike by a Nigerian taxi driver this morning driving one when he came around corner on wrong side of the road. He was either looking for banana trees or the customers house but he certainly wasn't watching the road. If it had of been a big old smokey diesel chugging along I would of had more time to take evasive action.

Well you see that new Kia emits a pleasant sound that alarms pedestrians of it's presence. 

Edited by Jobi
  • Thanks 1

Some of those electric cars you can turn on or off the noise so you can happily run over pedestrians without a noise like grand theft auto or alert them to your presence if in good humour. I'd say most get flattened Monday morning rather than Friday afternoon.?

• 3 weeks later...

Humming and harring on what to get now, estate or SUV. We've made the decision to not go silly and are looking to spend around 7k. Been looking at everything from a C-Class estate to a Kia Sportage, doing my nut in tbh. 

5 minutes ago, Jobi said:

Humming and harring on what to get now, estate or SUV. We've made the decision to not go silly and are looking to spend around 7k. Been looking at everything from a C-Class estate to a Kia Sportage, doing my nut in tbh. 

200bhp smax, one of the better looking family cars with a shit load of space. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Jobi said:

Make sure the back windows go all the way down for the dog ?

Don't touch a kia sportage.

Clutch's go around 50k miles.

13 minutes ago, Balaur said:

I wanted a 4x4 but can't justify the tax/cost compared to an estate car , I'm looking at Passat , Skoda superb see what's about local , looking on eBay mostly.

I'm not bothered if it's 4x4 or not, would be a nice extra but not vital.