New estate car

7 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Not if it’s done right. 

Right as in right or right as in done by the right fella, if it's the latter I can do that but it's us that's breathing the fumes in when I'm sat ticking over. 

Edited by Jobi

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The eagle has landed,lol...very pleased with my new wheels,some amount of Nick nacks in it,hopefully I get 4 more years with it trouble free

just bought a 2012 blue motion Passat estate full leather bells and whistles for my daughter for £800 quid, ex lease hire, loads of miles, no smoke no oil usage and pulls like a train years ticket and

There she is up the side of a mountain,nice interiors and style won't be a help with a smelly goat in the back,lol...

Posted Images

take the dpf off,remap the ecu.....Mrs motor has flown through last 3 mots......car was playing up hadnt done 100k they wanted£1800 Notes to sort it..... my mate charged me £350 remove and remap.....flies now and alot better on juice?

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

take the dpf off,remap the ecu.....Mrs motor has flown through last 3 mots......car was playing up hadnt done 100k they wanted£1800 Notes to sort it..... my mate charged me £350 remove and remap.....flies now and alot better on juice?

"Possible" 1000 quid fine . MOT is just a visual inspection so if done right its a no brainer.

Van's however carry a 2500 fine so might be cheaper to replace the  dpf

11 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

1 minute ago, kanny said:

"Possible" 1000 quid fine . MOT is just a visual inspection so if done right its a no brainer.

Surly if you’re the second owner they’ll have to prove it was you that done it and not the previous owner? That’s my thinking on it anyway. Lol. 

2 minutes ago, kanny said:

Van's however carry a 2500 fine so might be cheaper to replace the  dpf

just bought it officer......now f***ing do 1?

• Haha 1
Just now, dogmandont said:

Surly if you’re the second owner they’ll have to prove it was you that done it and not the previous owner? That’s my thinking on it anyway. Lol. 

If only :laugh:

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

unless your up to no good.....robbing fuel etc or trying to make a living on the scrap....what's the likely hood of it being checked???

Don't get it twisted lads I'm all for it I know lads who have been plagued with dpf issues and cost them a small fortune all eventually went the dpf delete  route ...1800 people have been done since 2014 according to this article but this was upto 2017 so you can add a few more to that total so in the big picture I'd say  it's a low risk activity. https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/consumer-news/95410/thousands-of-uk-motorists-removing-diesel-particulate-filters

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, kanny said:

Don't get it twisted lads I'm all for it I know lads who have been plagued with dpf issues and cost them a small fortune all eventually went the dpf delete  route ...1800 people have been done since 2014 according to this article but this was upto 2017 so you can add a few more to that total so in the big picture I'd say  it's a low risk activity. https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/consumer-news/95410/thousands-of-uk-motorists-removing-diesel-particulate-filters

I’d say a lot of those getting done would be cars that have had everything removed and a straight through fitted, boy racer types. Lol. Not wifey in the family 7 seater that’s been mapped out to 240 bhp. Lol. 

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

it's all a f***ing scam.....New one is that adblue?all our plant machines and vans now need it to run.......

They'll think of something to convince us all electric cars are bad for the environment when they realise they are losing out on hundreds of millions of pounds of car tax.