Watching supervet as we text, mrs loves it. Is it just me, or does anyone else think he's a weirdo, and a abit of a con artist, playing on people's emotions?

I know he's a very intelligent fella etc, but come on

• Like 1

99% of vets are cnuts plain and simple, pulling on folks heartstrings to fleece you....1 tried telling me I was wrong to take a litter from my old terrier bitch....I mentioned them having no problem cutting litter after litter out off 12m old pedigree dogs?.....silly bitch went red and piped down.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cant be bothered with them after a nurse went off on one after i didn't book my lurchers in to be  dressed when they went for appointment . I asked you read the latest report from America thats it worse for the dogs , When she said NO , i said thats why your no a vet and i would like a word with your boss to say why im moving practices . But there all the same  its all about the money these days 

13 hours ago, shaaark said:

Watching supervet as we text, mrs loves it. Is it just me, or does anyone else think he's a weirdo, and a abit of a con artist, playing on people's emotions?

I know he's a very intelligent fella etc, but come on

There is more on the cutting room floor than you see, its edited to look like the producers/editor want it to look. 

Its a TV program, a docusoap if you like, its designed to sell as a program and get viewers...and getting people talking on forums etc about it is great news for the program makers!

:D:thumbs:

• Like 1

He grew up and went to school just a couple of mile away from me. His name is never mentioned in local circles. There's a good vet in finglas Dublin that knows his way around working terriers. I'd always take the extra hour journey and travel up to him rather than deal with the money robbing local dummies. Good greyhound vet he is too and usually they are the type of guy that uses common sense instead of taking €1500 off ya and then the dog still ends up getting put down and prolonging the enevitable. Fitzpatrick knows how to tug the women's heart strings and open up their purses. More fools them.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

That’s exactly what unscrupulous vets do mate .Keep a dog alive for the coin knowing the inevitable is only a payment away .

Yeah it's hard beat the greyhound vets. They know the greyhound men aren't stupid and are doing it for a living and will call them out if they are taking the piss. Nobody minds spending money to fix a dog  that can be fixed but to keep a dog alive that has no chance and collect another 300 is downright cruel. It's not easy losing a dog but you would like to hear the truth if their time is up and not get fed bullsh1t by a greedy Cnut pretending he cares.

• Like 3
53 minutes ago, dytkos said:

Can't watch any of those sort of shows, always end up shouting at the telly.

Cheers, D.

What sort of things do you shout dytkos.

If you don't mind me asking.

Just now, king said:

What sort of things do you shout dytkos.

If you don't mind me asking.

I don't mind your asking .

All sorts of pithy, acerbic, derogatory observations but generally just for fecks sake and the like I seem to remember.

Hope that satisfies your curiosity.

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
1 minute ago, dytkos said:

I don't mind your asking .

All sorts of pithy, acerbic, derogatory observations but generally just for fecks sake and the like I seem to remember.

Hope that satisfies your curiosity.

Cheers, D.

It certainly does.

I've a bloody habit of repeating good night to the news reader on news at 10 when they say it.

Feck knows why it's just a habit now i don't even realise I'm saying it half the time lol.

I'm just glad I'm not alone in talking to the tv lol.