Great target, well done lads.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The snowflakes are falling ! ...inquiry’s  to follow , a  sacrificial head will need placing on the block ...no doubt some poor sods army career will go down the shitter ...Jeremy and his party will w

I think for lads at that level of soldiering it was dispicable and unforgivable and if was their immediate superior they would be suffering the consequences for a number of reasons .........  

That’s something we share except I was in Deptford at the time ! Lol 

9 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

I think its quite refreshing to see how some of these lads feel about the country they are asked to fight and die for.....probably not the best way of saying it but how else can they be heard.

Mate, if you spent time amongst some of these lads you would soon realise that all hope is not lost.

Proper chaps who crack on like proper chaps......it’s a breath of fresh air for a civilian when you spend your day to day life watching these prats with skinny jeans and silly beards ordering their skinny lattes in poncy London coffee shops.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, WILF said:

Mate, if you spent time amongst some of these lads you would soon realise that all hope is not lost.

Proper chaps who crack on like proper chaps......it’s a breath of fresh air for a civilian when you spend your day to day life watching these prats with skinny jeans and silly beards ordering their skinny lattes in poncy London coffee shops.

Ive only been close to 1 and he,s my son in law....i,ll reserve judgement for now !.....but im sure its like any group of people theres good and bad i just think these lads are entitled to have their opinions on what they are fighting for heard.

• Like 2
16 hours ago, socks said:

It depends what branch of the army you are and what  “cycle” your on mate. There’s AGC ...REME ...RLC etc that may get on a range once a year then there’s infantry regiments that can be on the ranges on a weekly basis .......

Interesting question asked by Chris ken

What does a snipers training look like.

And are they hand picked or volunteer to be a sniper.

And equally what about the spotter as he's making loads of calculations and feeding them to the sniper.

I assume them spotters are very brainy lads mathematically.

2 hours ago, king said:

Interesting question asked by Chris ken

What does a snipers training look like.

And are they hand picked or volunteer to be a sniper.

And equally what about the spotter as he's making loads of calculations and feeding them to the sniper.

I assume them spotters are very brainy lads mathematically.

To be a sniper you have to be an above average soldier mate and obviously a good shot however actually pulling the trigger is a small part of the skill. A sniper needs to be an excellent map reader as he needs to insert himself into position using the best route available which he will only get from studying a map ... he needs to be very fit as he is carrying a lot of weight. His camouflage and concelement obviously needs to be top notch. His firldcraft skills need to be second to none. He needs a good memory and eye for detail. He needs to be able to stay awake for long periods without losing concentration. He needs to be disciplined ... the list goes on and on mate. And believe it or not the spotters main and most important job is to protect the sniper ........

• Like 4
2 hours ago, socks said:

To be a sniper you have to be an above average soldier mate and obviously a good shot however actually pulling the trigger is a small part of the skill. A sniper needs to be an excellent map reader as he needs to insert himself into position using the best route available which he will only get from studying a map ... he needs to be very fit as he is carrying a lot of weight. His camouflage and concelement obviously needs to be top notch. His firldcraft skills need to be second to none. He needs a good memory and eye for detail. He needs to be able to stay awake for long periods without losing concentration. He needs to be disciplined ... the list goes on and on mate. And believe it or not the spotters main and most important job is to protect the sniper ........

Christ there's a hell of a lot more to it than I realised ken.

And I never knew that the spotters main roll was to protect the sniper.

I find the snipers job very interesting.

Allways have ?

12 minutes ago, king said:

Christ there's a hell of a lot more to it than I realised ken.

And I never knew that the spotters main roll was to protect the sniper.

I find the snipers job very interesting.

Allways have ?

The snipers job when in position is to take the kill shot if sanctioned mate and all he is concentrating on is the target in his field of view which is narrow. He only has a bolt action single shot rifle so not much good for protection so his  spotter is the main man ...... 

4 minutes ago, socks said:

The snipers job when in position is to take the kill shot if sanctioned mate and all he is concentrating on is the target in his field of view which is narrow. He only has a bolt action single shot rifle so not much good for protection so his  spotter is the main man ...... 

yea can see where you are coming from now ken.i seen that long distance british shot on a documentary.and when they said that before dialling the scope in they had to allow for the spin of the earth.that really blew my mind.still does infact.

• Like 1