More swans killed

6 swans have been shot in a Llanelli park. Their decapitated bodies were found with the heads and necks nearby.

WTF is wrong with people? They think it was airguns and/or BB guns, but the size of the pellet in the first picture looks massive to me?

They must have had a knife to cut the heads off too, so was obviously pre-planned. Is this another nail in the coffin for airguns?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-47778244

1 hour ago, walshie said:

6 swans have been shot in a Llanelli park. Their decapitated bodies were found with the heads and necks nearby.

WTF is wrong with people? They think it was airguns and/or BB guns, but the size of the pellet in the first picture looks massive to me?

They must have had a knife to cut the heads off too, so was obviously pre-planned. Is this another nail in the coffin for airguns?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-47778244

Probably.

The fluffy, feint hearted, gentile public don't like the idea of anything that could launch a projectile.

This was perpetrated by knob heads - can't we just make knob heads illegal? :hmm:

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, stealthy1 said:

And how do they know it's not Ray Mear's fans doing a bit of wild camping in the park, you have to eat what's at hand.

That was my first thought as a lot of Eastern Europeans are partial to a bit of swan, but there isn't many round these parts and the swans weren't eaten.

they all ways say airguns or bb guns

but they never dig the pellets out and take a pic of the ammo used

as proof it was a air gun

like the last thread they sayd air guns but it was not until later on they sayd shot guns and not air guns

but by then its to late the damage is done .

and even if they do license the air guns how the hell can they police it there are to many rifles out there and not all will be on license .

and that go,s for shot guns and live fire guns to to many out there under the radar ,

these tossers are tossers down to the core mindless morons

we get the blame for most of it but we do not shoot all the birds most will shoot them with a camera and sit and watch them

We are not animals we care about the wild life and song birds and swans .

But some will look at it another way and still call us animals

I hope they catch them and make an example of them

big time .

atvbmac:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 1
5 hours ago, bigmac 97kt said:

and even if they do license the air guns how the hell can they police it there are to many rifles out there and not all will be on license .

Back when I lived in the old country the Brocock ban had just come in. The way it was worded in the press read like all airguns were going on ticket. I was in a certain air rifle shop in the North West and their phones were ringing off the hook from people who wanted to get rid of their airguns and because the store wouldn't buy them they'd hand them into police. They were literally spending the entire day telling people that it was only the Brococks that were going.

While I can agree with what you're saying most Brits will hand them in. The hatchet job that has been done on airguns in Britain is a true victory for the nanny state.

• Like 1