New cars to have speed limiters and black boxes by law

13 minutes ago, Ted Newgent said:

Cant even imagine what jeremy clarkson face will be like

The electric skyline I saw today will leave a lambergini standing, it does 0-60 in 2.7 seconds so don’t think petrol heads will take long to jump ship 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to add to this etc  read an article a while back about electric cars and possible implications.  Ie don’t pay your road tax , service , mot, or fall behind on your payments , the motor

As a aged individual approaching my 70th birthday, I don't give  a f**k  about the new rule. I have never been into speed or performance cars. I cannot understand the buzz blokes get from having two e

Good, no need to go above 70

Posted Images

Picture this ...your sat in your new Ferrari on the M1 when a 2005 mondeo comes thundering past you dragging 90 :laugh: this could seriously damage the new sports car market , poor Audi and BMW, have they really thought this through? 

1 minute ago, Greyman said:

The electric skyline I saw today will leave a lambergini standing, it does 0-60 in 2.7 seconds so don’t think petrol heads will take long to jump ship 

I dont think the petrol ones were much behind that....for half the price of a Lambo as well.

3 minutes ago, baker boy said:

Ask him how much to convert my defender, I fancy 0-60 in under 5 mins

Think the models he makes he sells to company,s that will start producing them on a commercial scale so you may be better off waiting for the market to become competitive rather than going in at the bespoke end  or you could have a day out in my series and you,ll realise just how fast your defender really is ✌️

Edited by Greyman
1 minute ago, gnasher16 said:

Electric cars ruin the whole experience of performance cars in my opinion,part of the thrill is the noise who wants to welly it away from the lights in complete silence thats no fun.

100% ?

1 hour ago, trigger2 said:

Am I wrong in thinking they will automatically go to the speed limit somehow.  If I am right then they will lose millions a year on speeding fines once we all have one. It may take about 10 years or so to filter down to the not so well off folk but eventually everyone will have one.

I would imagine that the majority of speeding fines are collected from people going over the limit in 30, 40 and 50 mph zones rather than 70.

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
Just now, forest of dean redneck said:

One of the clauses of brexit is all Vauxhall’s must be crushed ?

I doubt that Vauxhall’s is just a rebadged Renault they bought it last year because people trust the badge ?

2 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I doubt that Vauxhall’s is just a rebadged Renault they bought it last year because people trust the badge ?

Trust a Vauxhall shouldn't be in the same sentence :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1