New Arrivals.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My Collie bitch Liz has whelped 9 pups to my Collie Greyhound dog Dan, those that know me know I have been planning this cross for a while has I prefer more Collie than Greyhound in my dogs they suit

There was a very good colliex called patch the robber years ago if youse are talking daytime haredogs my mate owned him he was killing a good 15/20 hares a week daytime iam saying collie x as we only

12 years? I've got collars and leads I've had longer than that ffs. Who are you to tell someone they shouldn't breed their dogs? Especially someone who talks sensibly, not like the drivel you come out

Posted Images

This the way I see it. Collie john will obviously be hoping those pups will be just what HE is after, for the type of work and ground conditions that HE works his dogs on. 

Will they catch the majority of lamped rabbits on open ground? I very much doubt it. I can't see them fairly catching many rabbits in any conditions day or night really. Ferreting on his hunting grounds, mooching etc, they'll suit him I'd expect, or he wouldn't have bred them.

Would I own one? Up until the last maybe two years, for 90% of the ground I've worked my dogs on in the past, no way, they would NOT be fast/quick enough, don't care how intelligent etc etc they are. And I do like some of these mainly collie bred dogs.  Like a couple on here have already said, most rabbits on most ground go like f**k, and you really do need a very sharp dog on most types of ground.

These days, like many I suspect, I've slowed down, don't want the lamping for 3 or 4 hours, 3 or 4 nights a week, or the desire to catch a tenth of stuff I used to, and just enjoy mooching about for a few hours, sometimes with the air rifle. So one of these pups could possibly suit me, these days.

Long winded reply, sorry collie john lol, just my take on it. Good luck with the pups ?

• Like 7
5 minutes ago, stormyboy said:

Good luck with the pups John, seems they ain't for everyone here or on moochers. ?

They suit you, that's all that counts. Useful fox dogs I would think too.

Yea your right there his dogs and he can breed what he wants if they suit him then that fine and dandy all this started because I disagreed that a pretty much full collie is an all round rabbit dog , I wish him and the bitch all the best with the pups 

2 minutes ago, shaaark said:

This the way I see it. Collie john will obviously be hoping those pups will be just what HE is after, for the type of work and ground conditions that HE works his dogs on. 

Will they catch the majority of lamped rabbits on open ground? I very much doubt it. I can't see them fairly catching many rabbits in any conditions day or night really. Ferreting on his hunting grounds, mooching etc, they'll suit him I'd expect, or he wouldn't have bred them.

Would I own one? Up until the last maybe two years, for 90% of the ground I've worked my dogs on in the past, no way, they would NOT be fast/quick enough, don't care how intelligent etc etc they are. And I do like some of these mainly collie bred dogs.  Like a couple on here have already said, most rabbits on most ground go like f**k, and you really do need a very sharp dog on most types of ground.

These days, like many I suspect, I've slowed down, don't want the lamping for 3 or 4 hours, 3 or 4 nights a week, or the desire to catch a tenth of stuff I used to, and just enjoy mooching about for a few hours, sometimes with the air rifle. So one of these pups could possibly suit me, these days.

Long winded reply, sorry collie john lol, just my take on it. Good luck with the pups ?

Was a good post . 

2 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

Yea your right there his dogs and he can breed what he wants if they suit him then that fine and dandy all this started because I disagreed that a pretty much full collie is an all round rabbit dog , I wish him and the bitch all the best with the pups 

That's the spirit u pig now shake hands wi the few thousand folks you upset??

7 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

There you go paddy I underlined it for you so you can see...

now on who’s a dum f**k ay you just wondered on here arguing with your self blah blah 

3A8F307F-A495-40A3-8C7F-8FF13C96EC9F.jpeg

Yeah fair enough he did call them all rounders but a dog that can lamp ferret and be used as a mooching companion is hardly a one trick pony. And by the way no need for the paddy crack as it’s just a cheap shot ye dumb fcuk. ???

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Yeah fair enough he did call them all rounders but a dog that can lamp ferret and be used as a mooching companion is hardly a one trick pony. And by the way no need for the paddy crack as it’s just a cheap shot ye dumb fcuk. ???

Still not an all rounder lol , and no worries I’ll stop calling you paddy if you stop calling me dumb , that’s just a cheap shot to me as I was in bottom class and it really upsets me . I’m having flash backs as we speak and it’s realy upsetting 

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, Black neck said:

I'm not angry at you I'm just disappointed 

Please don’t I have feelings and your realy upsetting me 

I’ll buy you a new brush for your garden if you’ll be my friend 

2 hours ago, dogmandont said:

CJ has said he’ll be using them for mooching, lamping and ferreting which they’ll not have a problem with so where’s the issue. Best of luck with the litter John. ?

Cheers pal. Regards Collie John 

2 minutes ago, colliejohn said:

He’s definitely not on this lol. Regards Collie John 

See now that’s just rude I just wished you and the bitch all the best with the pups so now your saying I’m not off this world because I don’t think a full collie will catch rabbits , well sir you bring your full collie down here and let’s see how many rabbit you catch down here on lamp bet you go home empty handed , maybe up in that dream world were you come from were them rabbits are slow as f**k they will be handy but down here they’ll just be useless collies . So good night and f**k you ??

37 minutes ago, stormyboy said:

Good luck with the pups John, seems they ain't for everyone here or on moochers. ?

They suit you, that's all that counts. Useful fox dogs I would think too.

Cheers mate, some people know nowt about dogs and want a point and slip type of dog with no brains like themselves lol. Regards Collie John 

• Like 2
Just now, Elchapo said:

See now that’s just rude I just wished you and the bitch all the best with the pups so now your saying I’m not off this world because I don’t think a full collie will catch rabbits , well sir you bring your full collie down here and let’s see how many rabbit you catch down here on lamp bet you go home empty handed , maybe up in that dream world were you come from were them rabbits are slow as f**k they will be handy but down here they’ll just be useless collies . So good night and f**k you ??

Goodnight to you too pal. Regards Collie John 

• Like 2