What are you paying for poults this coming season. The guy I get mine off wants £3.95 per poult this year that’s up on last year, I’ve had a ring around and I can get them from £3.50. - £3.60 from a top game farm . I’ve been getting my birds from the same guy for 10 years and he’s a friend, and I’ve never had a problem with his birds , but I could save the shoot a lot of money by going elsewhere .

The market dictates the price , not your mate .

11 minutes ago, micky said:

The market dictates the price , not your mate .

I know mate , but I would just like a few prices from around the country . Are the cheaper prices just to get me as a new customer and then next year ...wallop £3.95 , and my mate has packed in . 

There is a saying you get what you pay for,if you have received good quality poults of him and reliable service might be worth extra few quid.

• Like 1

i always had my partridges from the same chap for years always good never any probs 10,000 poults a year, i would not of changed that for a quid a bird, new shoot now and they buy their own pheasants so not my problem, still good birds though, if the price don't benefit you leave well alone.

• Like 1

I sell mine for £3-50 and could easily double what I do now, think everyone else around here is a little bit more.

• Like 1