Foxhound x greyhound

On 12/03/2019 at 11:02, shaneg said:

I’ve no pictures of her she’s about 26 inches and her brother is 27 or that both big athletic hounds. She’s good to mark and not afraid of the sharp end from what Ive seen but there has always been other hounds around her so all I can do is hope for the best it all clicks. 

Interested in this cross my self I have a good strong hound dog and good Saluki X whippet bitch . I have been trying to source a good tall greyhound bitch  but I might try him over my bitch . 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That dog isn’t but here is a picture of the litter sister to my current lurchers grandsire, an F1 fellhound x greyhound from about 20 years ago.  

know of 5 bred this way,never make a sound

After a bit of searching I’ve found a coursing greyhound 85 pound weight  to line the bitch. I struck lucky with the second person I asked. A shooting man I head down to a couple of times a season to

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Moocher71 said:

I remember speaking to a fella who had a dog called "laddie"

he defo had fox hound in him and he took hares a plenty ,

a lot of match dogs had him in the breeding .

think he came from Notts way .

? 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On ‎17‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 00:39, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I’ll tell you a downside to trail hounds 

they are a f***ing nightmare.

noisy , both in the kennel and in the field. 

As in howling noisy. Howl all ducking day and night. 

They need walked , as In walk walked. 

Each to there own and people live in areas where the faults aren’t an issue etc. But don’t be thinking trail hounds are a walk in the park compared to a Fox hounds. They are a lifestyle dog. 

Suprised , no one has mentioned Rebecca, the foxhound / greyhound x that was the subject of Andrew Simpson’s book. usually raises its head whenever this x is mentioned  

I believe  this is the lurcher that you are referring to. Don't own the book but borrowed it from the library years ago. I found this postcard quite a bit later and it is only titled "Leaping lurcher by Fay Goodwin 1973", but sure that is  Rebecca from the book. A nice type and great photograph given the cameras of the time, took real skill using them.

002.jpg

• Like 2