Foxhound x greyhound

4 minutes ago, milliken said:

best of luck with that mating hope it works out and keep us all informed

I will for sure. I’m surprised with the interest in these there 8 pups spoken for if it all goes well. All will be going to friends or friends of friends for free so I will hear how everyone of them turn out good or bad. Most want them

as lamping dogs but one mate runs a few begal terrier crosses and he wants one to run with them so will be interesting 

Edited by shaneg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That dog isn’t but here is a picture of the litter sister to my current lurchers grandsire, an F1 fellhound x greyhound from about 20 years ago.  

know of 5 bred this way,never make a sound

After a bit of searching I’ve found a coursing greyhound 85 pound weight  to line the bitch. I struck lucky with the second person I asked. A shooting man I head down to a couple of times a season to

Posted Images

Just now, two crows said:

good luck with your breeding hope you get what you want, it has been tried in the past, and there aren't that many about so has to be a ? to be fair, but good luck works on paper.

Anyone that’s getting any are thinking the same as me it’s an interesting cross that could be anything from world beaters to not worth kennel space. It’s not just an idea that’s came into my head over night I’ve been thinking about it for years so I said I’d finally try it. Hopefully it will turn out a good gamble 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, shaneg said:

After a bit of searching I’ve found a coursing greyhound 85 pound weight  to line the bitch. I struck lucky with the second person I asked. A shooting man I head down to a couple of times a season to work my terriers on his permission. The dog has only been lightly worked before he started coursing but has had teeth and it didn’t faze him at all. 

Right job altogether. Youd get right good coursing bitches for fuk all.only cheap track bitches youd get  are probably not following it.

5 hours ago, tinytiger said:

Right job altogether. Youd get right good coursing bitches for fuk all.only cheap track bitches youd get  are probably not following it.

Be hard to get a coursing bitch this time of year anything that’s left there keeping for next year and also I wouldn’t get a chance to work it till next season. If it’s no good I’ve to try again and again till I get one. Atleast this way I’ve got access to a very good foxhound bitch and found the stud dog that suits my needs and I’ve a 3/4 lurcher to fall back on if all else fails 

1 hour ago, shaneg said:

Be hard to get a coursing bitch this time of year anything that’s left there keeping for next year and also I wouldn’t get a chance to work it till next season. If it’s no good I’ve to try again and again till I get one. Atleast this way I’ve got access to a very good foxhound bitch and found the stud dog that suits my needs and I’ve a 3/4 lurcher to fall back on if all else fails 

Back around end of January ,coursing men make sure to lock their van incase someone try to put in a dog lol..best of luck with your litter (be some yokes for putting foxes to ground)

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 08/03/2019 at 11:14, two crows said:

there was a program on tv about trail hounds, and a lady owner said they had used saluki whippet and greyhound in thair development, and to me you can see it in them, when you look closely.

Absolutely talking rubbish , 

not you but her 

I’ll tell you a downside to trail hounds 

they are a f***ing nightmare.

noisy , both in the kennel and in the field. 

As in howling noisy. Howl all ducking day and night. 

They need walked , as In walk walked. 

Each to there own and people live in areas where the faults aren’t an issue etc. But don’t be thinking trail hounds are a walk in the park compared to a Fox hounds. They are a lifestyle dog. 

Suprised , no one has mentioned Rebecca, the foxhound / greyhound x that was the subject of Andrew Simpson’s book. usually raises its head whenever this x is mentioned  

• Like 3
17 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I’ll tell you a downside to trail hounds 

they are a f***ing nightmare.

noisy , both in the kennel and in the field. 

As in howling noisy. Howl all ducking day and night. 

They need walked , as In walk walked. 

Each to there own and people live in areas where the faults aren’t an issue etc. But don’t be thinking trail hounds are a walk in the park compared to a Fox hounds. They are a lifestyle dog. 

Suprised , no one has mentioned Rebecca, the foxhound / greyhound x that was the subject of Andrew Simpson’s book. usually raises its head whenever this x is mentioned  

Sound just the job for an hour's lamping or mooching where you don't have permission ?

• Haha 1